Why can't I get into Nords?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jan 4, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Great video indeed, I`ve watched it quite a few times myself. The gear changing is amazing and I love the fist pumping at the end.

Good stuff.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice find kaptain... I`ve seen the vid before as I`ve said but don`t think I`ve heard the man talk the lap before. :)

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK. I have an update. Lots to report!

First, I stole the 42" TV from my bedroom and hooked it up to my sim PC. Wow! My normal monitor is 24". So right off the bat, that helped with immersion. Next, I downloaded Nords for GSC and loaded up the VLN version with the Mini (freak'n awesome and not too fast and easy to correct, etc.) and 10 AI with me at the back and just got a tour by be able to keep up and follow break points, etc. I know the track fairly well but not like the back of my hand. Anyway, it was fun! Just got done with one lap. Also I noticed that I'm pumping over 150 frames so right now I am going to load up around 30 or so AI, up the strength, and start right in the middle of them. As many of you said, MUCH more fun this way than trying online with 2 people LOL. OK back in a bit for another update. And THANKS to all who motivated me. I believe you created another fan and YES you are correct NOT to use current rf2 version. Thanks again!!!!!

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK just finished 2 lap race with 23 AI (this is most GSC would let me have). There is a bug in GSC that prevents me from setting my grid starting position so just kept AI strength the same instead of increasing it and started at the back. Was able to work my way all the way through the field to win the race so now I'm going to up the AI strength by 5% every race to keep it challenging and to learn the track while still having fun. So this is my exclusive simnracing focus until I nail this thing. Funny as this reminds me a of "rite of initiation" like doing a century (100 miles) bike ride for a cyclist.

Edit: Last thing which I forgot to mention is that another thing I did was to pretend I was borrowing someone else's car and if I did not wreck then I would be able to borrow it again and that made the experience all the more intense!

5. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Way to go! Once you know every bump and every turn there is to know, you should definitely try the really fast cars. It will get you goosebumps. Trust me!

More motivation:

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Two posts in a row about the WONDERFUL GSC......
    Why even bother to come here (at the rF2!) forum and keep on talking about it.......in two topics?
    Isn't there a GSC forum?
    Think it's misplaced to keep on going about how great another game is; tell once, okay.

2 people like this.
  7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

The guy is just enthausiastic about it, no harm there mate.

Driving with AI, well thats an option, i for one am perfectly happy driving on my own lol, i dont need much more then that. Even in our online races i would try to brake free or avoid battles that where too close. Normaly i will race you to the absolute limit but on the Ring the track is my absolute limit, i realy dont need more lol.
    Peeps battling heavy on the Ring tend to dnf, allot :)

8. Hectari

Hectari Registered

1 person likes this.
  9. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

Nords is a challenge. It's that challenge that brings people to Nords. Once you turn two or three clean laps, I know you will feel a sense of accomplishment.

On my server, "F3 Fanatics!" Nords is loaded up quite often, and usually draws a decent crowd. As I type this

I and others are more than willing to lead you around the track... slowly at first so that you get a good working knowledge of the track. If you have Team Speak 3 on your computer, I'll actually coach you around the track. Help you with important setup info for this track... like really soft dampeners, so you're not just "skipping" around the turns.

Don't let the F3 Fanatics through you for a curve. Right now, Lola T-280s are loaded. The Lolas are an absolute blast there and sub 7:30s can be had there in them. My PB in the Lola at Nords is 7:14, and I know I'm not the fastest guy on the track.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. canastos

canastos Registered

I must admit that I'm with Khnorpp001 in this: rF2 version of Nords is not for me, will wait til it's properly done; and I'm glad to see that at last he has opened his eyes to the reality of VLN Nordschliefe, that's a blast and that's what his last post is about, even when he has accidentally tried it with GSC, but that's not the point, here we all are talking about Nords

byyyyyyyyye

PS: Bryan, you are a wonderful host, but I don't feel like racing in your server while this Nords is the loaded track

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Whoa! Looks great! Thanks!!!! Funny, I now have Nords for rf2, gtr2, rf1 and GSC. I guess you could that I'm into Nords now! :)

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks for this, Bryan! I'll definitely see you out there!

13. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Big massive scary white-knuckle track that throws just about every trick in the book at you. It rules.

1 person likes this.
  14. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Sweet! Nords has always been a personal favorite of mine, so I'm glad to see you "getting into it" :) Can I ask what mod you're using for Nords rF2?

15. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I use Nords mainly for car testing and comparison. One lap in Touristschleife in any car is enough to determine handling and other characteristics (delete mod or not :D ). I never actually had chance of racing there (except with AI), could be fun with right car.

It is easier to learn than most of the other tracks, because it has "flow" where turns are such that you have time to brake in when you see them. Sure there are few spots here and there that you just have to remember.

16. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Believe me it's great fun. And if you doesn't have the right car, you can rent some cars there ;)

17. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

No, I don't like real thing. I would get killed.

18. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

See that's the fun :D.

But yeah it can be very dangerous, as a friend of my dad died there.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If someone made a fictional track 24km long no one would drive it. You only really get motivated to drive Nords after reading something about the history of it, and maybe seeing some old footage.

I do object to the use of the 'green hell' tag though. I don't know that we'll ever see the proper green hell; just the later, simplified, and probably safer version that's been appearing in various games for a decade now.

20. osella

osella Registered

The track has changed little since it's opening in 1920s, there just isn't the pit straight, most of the bumps were smoothed out, there are guardrails instead of trees and bushes next to the track yeah, but most corners shape and elevation are exactly the same as they once were.