UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

You´re completely right. Thanks for this post. I hope Ales will think about an update of the physics.

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Im not familiar with those cars and how fast they should run, i mean the WSF 3.5 and i cant compare those cars timings to ours but we did testing on some tracks where we got the times we needed for there timing and it was the result we wanted.
    I might take some grip out from tyres in future but it wont slow them down so much actually.
    The default setup inside is just what i worked on to get the slower drivers right up for close battles and not really alot of work is needed to get more quicker as that was something in rf1 mods that made really alot people desperate in online racing.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yeah, you should compare T5 cars' times against DTM series not formula renaults. JPalesis post does not tell us if WSR are slower or faster than supposed to in this game... It could be that the laptime JPalesi posted is just the one T5 can achieve in this game (have not tested...).

I do not understand why people are complaining of default setup being too good. Are you upset because you did not had a change to find out the same setup :p Would think that people would appreciate that there aren't any drivers spinning just because they do not know how to setup a car ( if default setup makes them faster than you are with your custom setup you can always go back to default).

4. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

It doesn't tell if the WSR Cars are quicker or slower in rF2 than in reality, yes. You should never try to compare reality and sim cars too much either, because there are just so many factors coming into play regarding real world lap times.

The point is, ISI has developed the WSR Cars with Data from the manufacturer, so they should be pretty decent on the physics side. Therefore, when a less powerful touring car is 2 seconds faster than this WSR car, were in its own right the Formula Car would be 8 seconds faster in reality, in my opinion proves that the touring car is just way too fast.

Default Setup is fine and developed well, so that everybody can get right into the car and drive it without too much hassle, nothing wrong with that.

After all, its not supposed to simulate the DTM Series, but the T5 Series. I just wanted to point out in comparision, the touring car should be slower than an open wheeler since its double the weight.

Oh and thanks alot for the templates!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  5. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Not sure if I totally understood your post, but the laptimes I posted are the real life laptimes done by both cars, supporting the point made by Hermmie that DTM-like cars shouldn't be faster than Formula Renault 3.5 cars.
    I don't have T5 Series nor Hockenheim so I can't compare myself.

6. Oldie

Oldie Registered

Although i was also surprised about the easy feeling i cant say if this is real or unreal, because i never drove this cars in real life.
    But tests are depending on much factors like track, driver, setup, used hardware, conditions etc. So i make my own tests.

Here are my results after 10 laps with 12 cars (11 AI Opponents)

Croft:

t5 - 1,16,407
    F 3.5 - 1,13,118

Malaysia:

t5 - 1,56,024
    F 3.5 - 1,47,612

7. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

@Ales

Whats the material name to use for the windshield when creating custom skins for your mod? xx_WINDOW works for the side and rear windows, but i could not figure out the proper naming for the windshield file yet

8. UnitedRacingDesign

It should be windshield actually just like the name of psd ive included, if it doesnt work than it could be that the material is deactivated from game itself.

This is how they are used that im aware that actually worked in past

DefaultLivery="BayroT5_05.dds"
    Extra0="WINDOW" // inside windows(side&rear)
    Extra1="WINDOW" // lights
    Extra2="WINDSHIELD" // windshield not transparent(in cockpit view)
    Extra3="plate" // cockpit name/number plate
    Extra8="SWHEELHD" // steering wheel
    Extra9="SWHEELHD" // steering wheel handle

9. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

i see.. i had trouble changing the windshield file, it always showed the default one in the menu spinner. When you are actually ingame inside the car, it works.. just the inside ( cockpit ) view though, if you switch to an external camera view, the default windshield banner is displayed on the car.

Could you also upload a template or the extracted original mod files for the steering wheel texture? I would also like to change it, but have no original texture to work with

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Maybe I said too much, but apparently F 3.5 is faster on the contrary what have been told here. Maybe I did not assume that ISI content is automatically more accurate than modders content... but fair enough, it probably is.

Made my vertical fov bigger and got better feel of speed now.

11. UnitedRacingDesign

It doesnt work? hmm than it seems the wcwindshield material is not working right now.
    Will upload the steering wheels to yes but give me some time, have to order the psd file.

12. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

no problem, thank you.

About the speed, well maybe other people may have a go to confirm the formula renault speed? Im not brilliant at open wheelers but i didn't think i was this far off regarding pace.

13. Oldie

Oldie Registered

I am unfortunately not that fast.
    If we are talking about croft and the F3.5, i saw other player doing times < 1,10

Anyways. I can live with both. With the current handling as well as with a more difficult handling.

14. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

15. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Wow i really suck at open wheelers then lol

Thanks for your testing it seems the cars pace is good then, it seemed way too "on rails" to me. Maybe the tires could still use a minor tweak towards more feel for the car, in other ISI cars you have a pretty good idea what the tires are doing and sort of "feel" them working, where as in this mod the tire feels really stiff. Driving through a corner also feels like the tires have a very small edge from having grip to slipping and sending you into a spin, or understeering. If you could make the tires more "lively" and have a wider sweet spot, it would be perfect.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Agree. Sometimes spin comes as a total suprise. Better feel of tires would be very good.

Raced one race in Istanbul against F3.5 and they were way faster than T5s.

17. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

I think the lack of feeling comes from this much grip. I managed to feel a bit better what the car is doing by decreasing the rear spoiler. Otherwise its truly not easy to notice when you exceed the limit.

btw.: How did you get the skins in game? I did it like with any other mods, but can't see the skin in game.
    (such as: player/settings/BayroT5/BAYROT5_17/BayroT5_15ALT.dds)

18. Hi
    I got this mod, everything works ok bar... I run in 5760 x 1080 eyefinity.
    I can see the sky in the right hand side of the cockpit.
    I email unitedracingdesign to which I was told to change my field of view and to ask in here for help.

I would of thought though that if you are charging for a mod, you make sure all the modelling is finished and there are no missing parts.

So can someone here please finish building the rest of the cockpit. :D

As I am happy with the field of view I use.

19. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

I managed to get my skins ingame, the directory seems right, i think that the file name may not exceed 12 characters, correct me if im wrong. it worked for me though when i named it "ALTmyskin.dds"

20. UnitedRacingDesign

The missing parts should come from the view point actually, there should be no missing parts actually.
    There are views that dont show complete car, especially the cockpit cam or the roof cam.
    Make a picture please and post it here.

As you use eyefinity that i have no experience with you would have to change youre view probably, adjust it in the plr maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.