UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arno88

arno88 Registered

Hello, do you have templates please?

2. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

i am sure it wasn´t a bad choice to buy this mod.
    (hopefully somithing happens with the brakes..)

at next i want a F1 2013 trackpack for the same price - maybe next week?

3. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

AW: UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Ive tested your mod yesterday at a friends PC and i must say it is not as good as i expected on the physics side. I mean it looks awesome and there could be some improvements in Cockpit but i would never pay money for a touring car with 500hp that drives better than any Bobby car. It is waaaay too easy to drive even in stock setup. I dont think its that easy in real life.
    I appreachiate your work but it would be an awesome freeware mod but for payware it is not enough in my opinion. .
    Another topic: you now have paying users so why not to look for a real legal DTM licens? THAT could be a reason to buy a mod ;)
    Keep it up. I really like the first steps, but until now i will stick to others ;) Maybe i will come back to this when updates are released.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I forgot to mention that this mod takes longer time to load (loading screen, there is a significant difference) than other mods.

About the brakes... I suggested to modify them but then I thought that it is good that everybody is on the same line (anyone would not probably use anti-lock brakes anyway).

I hope we do not have fps hit when you improve rear mirror.

It is possible to spin with this car for sure but sliding is one thing that it can not do... I mean, even f1 car sometimes slides a little off its ideal line when pushed but this car seems to be on rails sometimes.

And I think ffb is little weak... maybe I try to raise ffb multi up from 1.0 and tell if that helps...It is not bad but could be better. Maybe it is because the overall handling of the car (steady car can not have that strong ffb?)

5. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

Im unable to install the following mod -IsR-Aura-1-09-
    When I look in advance info, the only thing that is not installed is this
    Name: AuraT5 Version: 0.5 Type: Vehicle Status: Not Installed

does anyone know where i can find this vehicle?

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

The version 05 should be the beta actually, it should be in my first post in this thread.

7. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

Hi, I download that file already 'AuraT5_Beta_demo.rar' it contains to files, AuraT5.rfcmp & BayroT5_2012.rfcmp. Both files are succesfully installed. I even uninstalled AuraT5.rfcmp and reinstalled it, but the mod keeps saying its unable to install the following mod.

Please have a look at the following screenshots

http://i50.tinypic.com/smwqvm.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/286r7lf.jpg

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I think you can not play online with the demo version. You must buy the full version. I believe that is what ISR vmod has in it.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

Im not sure now actually as i dont have ISR mod up eather. Try to ask them at there website forum.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsSco84sFiw

As you can see the motor sounds in cockpit are much louder than they are atm in this mod.

Also, I can not feel the speed with cockpit view (can this be changed or can I do something myself?). The hood view gives you much better feel of speed. I'm using default FOV.

11. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

So, i actually have to buy some mods? I thought i only had to pay for rfactor2 and all mods were to download for free :(

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes but we are not really rellying on those videos all the time, who knows how good the micro is there actually or how enhanced the sound comes out. It makes alot of diferente to where the cam is placed and how the sound comes to the micro, ive seen videos that gear whine sound was far louder than engine to actually but the micro was placed with the cam diferently to. Than again, the driver is using those ear not sure what they are called, hehe plus the helmet... :)

13. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

I bought the mod yesterday and had the opportunity to turn quite a few test laps, i wanted to deliver my first impressions.

First of all, the Model Quality, Textures and Sounds are excellent. Really good work!

I tested on Croft Circuit, which has a good variety of high and low speed corners. Overall, the cars default setup is very easy to drive, probably developed so that any driver, also beginners can jump in and drive that car without getting set off by a difficult approach to it.

I turned quite a few laps with the default setup and did a 1:16.5 on Croft Circuit. I then started to fiddle with the setup and reduced the downforce, stiffened rear anti roll bar to improve the understeer. After around 30-35 Laps, i was able to do a 1:16.0.

So the default setup is very easy to handle, yet a bit slower, although not as much slower as i would expect it to be.

The main problem with this mod is that, despite those cars being very high downforce purpose-built pure racing cars, develop way too high cornering speeds. I compared it with the Renault World Series Formula 3.5 Car and was struggeling, managed to do a 1:18.0 after a couple of laps.

So basically, a car that is roughly twice as heavy as the Formula Car is a massive 2 Seconds a lap quicker? Come on.. The Formula Renault car is also more powerful, so it should be alot faster than these touring cars.

The Mod itself is really good, as i said, the rest ( release templates! :) ) is pretty much great, if not perfect.

But please, please.. adress the handling. I know you want a car for close racing that is available to a wide range of people, nothing wrong with that. The overall balance of the car is fine, although its very pointy and sharp ( feels alot like a prototype le mans car or open wheeler ) and it is waaaay too quick, compared to other cars. Its too much like on rails.

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Totally agree! Just make it a bit more difficult to drive Ales and it will be perfect ;)

15. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Out of curiosity, I checked the laptimes of the WSR 3.5 and DTM at Hockenheim :
    DTM 2012 : Spengler 1'33"512
    WSR 2010 : Guerrieri 1'26"415

16. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Thank you for looking this up, that proves my point as well.

I don't say the speed and handling of the cars should be 100% realistic and difficult, nothing against something for a wider audience! The cars are just too fast, slow them down a bit and theyre perfect

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Any thoughts on my second issue?

18. UnitedRacingDesign

On the cockpit view? I think you can change youre FOV in plr. Nore sure but i think ive seen that somewhere in the forum actually.

19. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Cockpit and the feel of speed where good for me.

It depends alot on FOV and stuff.. there are some threads elsewhere on here that have links to some calculators for determining your personal pov setting, depending on screen size and how far away from it your eyepoint is. Maybe just play around with the setting for a bit

20. UnitedRacingDesign

Templates for AuraT5&BayroT5 are here:
    Aura-http://www.mediafire.com/?i2gam1dvra6i7i4
    Bayro-http://www.mediafire.com/?2y5d36cadoaqe5p

Inside each rar you will find 4 templates:
    Body,
    Windshield,
    Windows,
    Cockpit sponsor plate

Cheers,
    Ales Ogrinc