Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Build 90 in my system, is performing lower than build 85. I lost up to 10 FPS in any scenes (20 AIs, start from the back) also stutters are back and even more often now. I also don't see any difference in terms of image quality, between build 85 and build 90, except the foggy atmosphere in b90 is thicker.

Those pictures posted in Picture thread seem to have more vibrant/saturated color. Maybe because it's from nVidia cards? My ATI HD5770 still gives me the same image quality like build 85 (which is better than build 69).

The tunnel in Monaco also too bright with HDR on, and dull with HDR off. The rain drops are visible now, which is good. Waiting for good rain spray. :)

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Brianza is next great historical track, also new car is very good, nice step forward in terms of graphics, FFB is very impresive too :)

300km/h @oval section...pure adrenaline!

Still no progress in performance. (ATI user)

Thanks for update.

3. SucaScr

SucaScr Registered

Great content!!

But a step backwards in terms of performance, Crossfire 6970 user.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

in my old vidia 9800gt, performance is much better imho. Im even having shadows now lol

5. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Yep that was the first time a SC was used. I was talking about the first time a pit-lane speed limit was used though (Monaco '94).

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The reflections and and road look much better in build 90 and the shadows do too- but on max shadows, they still look they are made from Lego blocks, even with shadow blur.

All in all this is great update. I love to see progress.

7. Jos

Jos Registered

the rubber build-up looks a bit ugly still, that's needs improving... it's too exaggerated also.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

:( I felt that this was one of the best things in the sim...

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

I agree with the two posts before Nikos' post. A lot to like. But some real work still to do. Glad the beta is such fun with such great content supplemented by some great mod work to enjoy while we wait.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

I posted this in the Build 90 Bug Reports/Problems forum too but thought I`d pop it in here also...

I`ve just noticed that when driving the Eve`s etc with the BT20 the Eve`s etc have working mirrors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was offline at Old Monza in the rain and decided to watch a replay and flick to the other cars and low and behold the other 60`s cars have working mirrors. :D

Don`t know what this tells us about the bug but it`s good to see the Eve`s etc with working mirrors. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

That's why I saw working mirrors a couple days ago but not since! I thought I was losing my damn mind! :D

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

2x gtx 580's 3gb versions

Drop in performance build 90

(build 85 was a massive performance increase ....are we going backwards now? )-:

13. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

14. feels3

New Brabham looks really nice. I hope older cars will be updated at least to this level :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Why not headlight glare?

Tried some night racing in the Magenys and the Nissan and no reflecting headlights at night. Outside view shows the lights but they don't eluminate anything.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

its a bug, its known, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next build.

17. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Oh ok, I'm sure they'll take care of it. Glad to see its known.

18. feels3

In new build I noticed night shadows :)

Is that some kind of issue or we can expect more complex night shadows (from omni lights, cars) in the future ?

[​IMG]

19. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Okay new to this version of rF, I find myself in two minds with what I find so far. Graphically I am disappointed with what I am seeing. It looks like a animated water colour, and the buildings look primitive with no real texture. Metal and glass does not seem real. On the whole it has a cartoon like look. The performance from my new GTX 570 is little better than it was with my old 9800 and that doesn't seem right at all. Of course I understand this is in beta and assume things will start looking and running better as time goes by. Of course there may be some tweaking I have yet to discover.

I like how my wheel feels (CSR) and the dynamic weather and lighting is excellent and adds a whole new sense of time and changing conditions. I have seen the video of the prospective water on the windscreen effect and that looked amazing so it seems there is much to look forward to.

I have spotted numerous glitches but looking round the forum they have all be reported so have nothing new to add on that front.

Anyhow just wanted to give the first impressions of a new member and I look forward to seeing how things progress.

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

This looks like shadows used by Sun at daytime are taken over by Moon at nightime for it's lighting. So it's the same thing - just one light source casts shadows.

Moon and Sun are directional lights (light sources so far away that they're considered to be at infinite distance). Shadows from omnilights and car headlights will require different shadow algorithms (for point lights and spot lights).

I would love to see shadows from omnilights in future. Even completely static shadows would make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.