Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

Agreed. It is slowly improving. But in my advanced years, that 'childish/cartoonish' look that I don't really see in LFS or iRacing, nor even GTL, is uncomfortable. Unfortunately, it could be an ISI aesthetic, even maybe in the menus. Doesn't look serious, professional.

That said, iRacing always drives like sh*t on ice to me after driving rF2 (iRating 5,000+ here fwiw). So what can you do?

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Hmm, I sincerely hope that it is not an ISI aesthetic, there is no room in a serious Sim for cartoon graphics in my personal opinion. I know we don't like pCars comparisons but here in the real world that is exactly what is going to happen. I remain hopeful that when the code is fully implemented and is using the power of even mid range cards to the max, the visual realism will get cranked up several notches.

Yes I like how it drives but every time I see a water colour car or have time to look at the scenery the immersion factor drops.

I live in hope :)

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

4. Knight of Redemption

Ah, thanks Zeos. I look forward to the next update. All part of the fun of beta ;)

5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thank you two, I was just about to ask the same question. All good. :cool: <- wearing sunglases helps btw. *g*

6. Tony

Tony Registered

It is a wee bit over-saturated colour-wise, but I find the brightness more overpowering, I know HDR accentuates this, but it's gotta' be dead easy to fundamentally adjust the dark-to-bright scale down a bit.. the cars will then look more "solid" & they'll have deeper shadows underneath them ..& you can take your sunglasses off then :cool:

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Wow, really? So all the rest of the world should wait until you have a new computer? :confused:

8. Knight of Redemption

Um...He was joking?

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Considering his previous posts, I guess not.

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I think they're releasing new builds with a different "vision". They works looking for future updates and milestones.. We're judging just step by step, and it's ok as we do not know the project management. :). So I guess they're using specific colour standards/ranges for future GFX/HDR updates..and what we're seeing now is just a half-feature.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

well...water colour or cartoon graphics as they are called, in the case of classic tracks, strangely get me in the mood of the era...

12. Knight of Redemption

Heh, well there you go it works for someone :)

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

works for me too, never understood this "cartoonish" look, if it looks good to you then thats all that matters.....and it looks good to me!

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

...bad news always sell better than good knews...

16. Knight of Redemption

Not at all, no point in telling them what works, this is beta, they need to know what doesn't. As it happens a dev posted on just this issue, there is a fault on this build, colours are wrong and the HDR is overdone. So it is not a figment of my imagination. The reds are supersaturated, it not an effect it's simply wrong and they are fixing it. I look forward to the next build and once again will post here on what is wrong, I'll leave it to the fan boys to sing the praises of an unfinished product. When it's done, then if it lives up to expectation in all not just some respects then I will join the chorus of approval. I paid my money for an unfinished product so I could join the drive to make it better, not sit back and go, look ain't it great. Anyway that is all beside the point and there is no more to say on this until the next build is out.

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

...fan boy...WOW, such a compliment, thnx :D so many years since Ive heard this...

18. Knight of Redemption

Sorry not aimed at you at all, I was speaking generically, that is the problem of forums. Only the first part of the post referenced your comment, then I just kind of followed my train of thought:) I just hope you still like how it looks when they fix it...or will I be happy and you be not happy LOL One thing we can be sure of, not everyone will be happy whatever they do.

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I have Spa, Monza 10k, Monaco in a way there were never researched before, sensitive steering to relish them, what else does a guy need to be happy...(except some other unmentionable things)

20. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Tyrrell P34 would be nice.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.