Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

There are other issues with weather or real track. I don't understand how one can say it is ready.
    But basically some people has problem to accept negative comments on ISI or rF2.

2. osella

osella Registered

Lol you had to give me neg reputation for that MaXyM, really, really?

thuGG is obviously a kid who has no idea how much work it all takes and ISI is quite a small team.

I am possibly the last one with problems accepting negative comments on rf2, geez. There are many things I dislike about it and I wrote it on these boards.

1 person likes this.
  3. thuGG

thuGG Registered

If you don't know me personally, then don't write such statements.

I just stated that developement is going pretty slow, and that's a fact.

4. osella

osella Registered

Its not a fact, its your opinion.

Thats what my "facepalming" was all about, if you wrote it as your opinion, I would have nothing against it.

5. Devon

Devon Registered

Feedback on build 90:

- no improvement on framerate, still a 17-20 fps slideshow on a 2600k system with 2 X 6970, Xfire activated on a 2560 X 1600 display. (Tried 60's racing at Spa, and GT enduro at Malaysia.) For reference, other racing sims are up at 90+fps.

- specific device settings for G25 set up in Logitech profiler for the "launch rFactor.exe" are not recognized, only the global device settings work

- FFB response jagged, strobe-like at times - no doubt due to game running so poorly

- TV cockpit view on Enduro (and probably other) cars is far too low, right on surface of hood, makes road hard to see

Unfortunately still basically unplayable on my config. I will wait to see if there is another build that addresses the woeful graphics performance before my refund window ends. The idea thrown around earlier in this thread that this beta is nearly release ready - mind blown.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I think too this was an unfortunate statement.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah fair point but again I'm not saying thats ready now, in a couple of months who knows! still we're all in the same boat so grab those oars and start rowing chaps!

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...anyway as I was actually at Spa over the weekend I missed the release and only caught a glimpse of this thread on the phone, can anyone tell me why Brianza does'nt show up in the 1960s mod? I have installed everything to th eletter and everything is running fine but can only see that track when using the (god awful) All Cars/Tracks mod!

if there is no other way then I'll have to create a vmod I guess!

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thats the situation atm, Monza only in All Cars/Tracks.

10. Pob_88

Pob_88 Registered

View attachment 2882

After flying over the barriers at Brianza and having to coast around the outside of the track I noticed in the crowd that their is Don Draper and Pete Campbell from tv show Mad Men.

I have no issue with it just wondering tho if ISI might get in trouble for using their images should the likes of AMC notice.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well thats a bit poor then! ISI banging on about how good the new modding system is and they dont even bother to use it themselves :confused:

I'll start some fresh vmods after tea then, when that time COULD BE BETTER SPENT RACING!!

12. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Ehh look, we are in the beta for over 5 months now and it doesn't look like it's going to end soon. It's long and thats a fact.
    Usually a beta in computer games (as rF2 is the closest to this category) takes from few weeks to few months at most.

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Wet track is only a damp track. There are no variables of wet either. It's been this way since day one. Heck guys, weather is barely plugged in.

As far as speed of development is concerned there are alot of people who aren't concerned at all. It is what it is, it's done when it's done. There are fellows around here that will complain no matter what. It's what they do best. :D

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

@thuGG, because usually beta means testing stage, not developing.
    Looks like we are tricked with this term.

15. thuGG

thuGG Registered

MaXyM, I'm aware that they actually released an alpha, but hey, that's not my fault they named it wrong;)

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Lol that last paragraph made me chuckle! A Beta period is totally subjective, I've known games to last years in beta!

17. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Did you miss the word "usually" ?

18. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

And after 5 months we still see constant complaining about naming it "beta" :) It's getting old now :)

19. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

rFactor 2 is not an "usual" racing simulator... I have unusual fun testing this beta ;)

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Lol you missed your own "at most" then!! Pointless argument anyway, when's the next update out? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.