Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osella

osella Registered

There is no need for ISI to rush the beta, I don't really care if its out this summer or as a christmas gift :p
    I have slow cpu and just 4gb ram so I can't enjoy rf2 fully anyway lol, the later it will be released the closer it will be to me buying a new computer..

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I agree with some posts here, I prefer ISI to take time and release as Gold when it will be ready, even if it's far away from today. My biggest hope is optimization for ATI/AMD owner, as I'm using middle settings right now (but Full HD). A lot of recent heavy games run fine full settings on my machine so I know I can have a better result with rF2 when things will be tuned ;)

I already enjoy a lot rF2, so, Gold or not will not prevent me to have fun ;)

3. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

tjc69
    I also get pitlane speeding over 100km/hr in the Brabham BT20 at Monza (oval layout).

Brake bias
    I've never known a real racing car to have brake bias of 51:49. Most single seaters use brake biases of around 56:64 to 60:40 (can even be more and less extreme depending on lots of variables).

Pitlane speed limit
    First appeared in Formula 1 during the 1994 Monaco Grand Prix. A bit of a kneejerk reaction to Michele Alboreto losing his rear tyre at Imola 2 weeks before. It then became mandatory at every F1 race since. I believe IndyCar already had pitlane speed limits before then but I do not know when they first used them.

I remember being stood in the Larrousse garage during the 1980 and seeing Senna BLAST out of the pits at full tilt...nuts. Worse still, pitcrew used to just stand around outside in case their car came in unannounced. It's amazing it took until 1994 to introduce a speed limit, especially after the 1993 Portuguese GP when Berger had his active suspension fail and spear hard right. Had that happened in the pits, we'd have had multiple fatalities of that I am certain.

4. Alesi

Alesi Registered

u kidding?? its totally unready (or maybe off) and far from realize date...

5. Alesi

Alesi Registered

exactly

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1 same here :rolleyes:

7. osella

osella Registered

51 is extreme I know, but on the 75 F1 mod I had to go this low, else the front was locking very easily. Maybe even 50:50, however that mod was an exception, it probably has very different brake torques F:R so when you set 50:50 it might be like 57:43 after calculation.

In most mods I would use like 54.
    60 sounds very unlikely for a pro driver, you can't trailbrake with so much front brakes. I was using over 60 when I was beginner but its no good in a corner.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think you missed the point of his post somewhat!

9. Devon

Devon Registered

ISI1045-v10-v11-1960sWorldClassRacing.rfmod is in my packages folder but the mod manager is not seeing it to install it. Version 1 is indicated as installed. (rF2 is updated to build 90.) Suggestions??

UPDATE: Solution found - update within the single-player game when selecting the 60's racing series - there is a button there to update.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Indycar has strict pitlane speed limits (varies by track and I don't know when it started). The old Indycars used a brake bias from 54:46 to 56:44. I remember watching a race and the announcers (some were former drivers) were discussing this. That's the magic range (that's what they were calling it)

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

It won't show up as a separate install.

There should be an asterix (*) to the left of 1960's version 1 in mod manager. Right click on version 1 and choose "update".

12. Devon

Devon Registered

Thanks - I updated within the game itself in the Series area and that worked too.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Below is from wikipedia... seems like the very first time was 73 at Canada but it was a bit of a disaster lol...

History

The first use of the Safety Car in Formula One was at the 1973 Canadian Grand Prix. However, the Safety Car took its place in front of the wrong driver, which placed part of the field incorrectly one lap down. It took several hours after the end of the race to straighten out who the winner actually was.[6] Starting from the 1993 season, the safety car was officially introduced. The first to be used was a Fiat Tempra in the Brazilian Grand Prix. The same year a safety car was also used in the British Grand Prix.

14. thuGG

thuGG Registered

MarcG, the big selling point of rF2 is dynamic weather and real road/track. Unless it's not completed properly/completely, I think it's not ready for GOLD. And in that matter not much has been improved since the first release.

Rush?
    When I first red that beta could take as much as 6 months, I thought that's painfully long.
    Now it looks like it will be maybe a year. It's not rushed, it's awfully slow.

15. osella

osella Registered

Nice, those are numbers I would expect.

tjc - interesting, Fiat Tempra looks pretty not so luxurious car for SC

1 person likes this.
  16. osella

osella Registered

*facepalming*

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Lol indeed :D

Me too...

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well the Dynamic Weather is in there and working just fine, Real Road has had an update and yeah could do with another one or two. As is then no I agree it should'nt be released right now but in a couple of months with those two touched upon it could be ready.

...and its far from awfully slow, if that was the case then we'd be getting the first update now!

19. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Why are you facepalming? Half a year o even a year of beta is rushed for you? I think I should *facepalm* now.

20. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Well not really, you can drive in the wet almost as fast as in dry. Try wet Brianza with dry tyres on BT20.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.