Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Are you kidding me? You know that you also need a browser to surf the web and be able to download stuff in normal cases too? Would you call that forcing you to download a browser for being able to surf to diffrent sites?

Get a grip! Torrents is part of the web since many years back. Stop being afraid of new tech's of the net and jump on the bandwagon! It won't bite!

Dont want to sound rude or anything, but come on, your logic there is a bit silly when you think about it. Just download uTorrent and start using the new way of sharing!

2. guro

guro Registered

Hi :)

I'm not afraid about Torrent but when it download at +/- 7 ko and says time = +/- 11 hours .......
    :mad:
    Then I check for a faster possibility to download .... :cool:
    Thats it

guro
    :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Not to sound rude...

But here comes a facepalm!

FACEPALM! :D

Seriously? Not normal downloading? Who decides what normal downloading is? Is it normal because you can click on a link in your webbrowser and it starts downloading? Have you understood the concept of torrents and why people use torrents?

Torrents are the new way "actually really old way by now" of "smart" downloading and will spread content faster to everyone instead of having a centralised server that chokes on a couple of uses starting to downloading from it.

If you don't want to have fresh content right away, then my friend, you will have to wait for centralised server content or learn the new way to download. Which btw have been around for like 8 years or more. And been popular since then, because of the lack of choking on new content getting released all over the web!

4. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, did you try to leave the torrent on? Cause the speed usually gets faster and faster you more you stay on the torrent, dont really wanna go into explaining how torrents works, but in short, you longer you wait the faster the speed usually gets. Not that this is the case everytime, but usually it is like that.

Either way, you probably have the content now. BTW, I started downloading with torrents, had all new content within 5 minutes or less, the power of torrents!

If ISI had given us centralised links AKA "normal downloading", it would probably been choked and taking far more time then 5 minutes, maybe hours even.

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

View attachment 2842

Did I do something wrong here?Most of the mods I have{about all available lol} wont install. Mods need to be reworked?

6. MJP

MJP Registered

The testing I've done indicates otherwise *but* I haven't tested every vmod out there. Can you point me to a 'long' RFM filename that doesn't have this problem and/or a 'short' RFM filename that does so I can throw my theory in the bin?

7. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

For starters, you havent updated Formula renault 3.5 mod. Right click on it and choose update.

8. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

And install all Custom Tracks first. When you right-click on the mod and then on properties you can see why it wont install ;)

9. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

Updated to 90, updated 60's class and installed Brianza. It all worked perfectly first time around. I do have mirrors in the Formula 60's cars. Brianza is a dream. I'm in love Thank you!! ;)

10. MJP

MJP Registered

TBH it looks like most of those vmods that won't install were made before stuff got updated. You update everything first then of course it's unlikely they'll install. You either need to install them before adding the later updates, or as you say wait for them to be reworked which may or may not happen.

11. MJP

MJP Registered

Can you be a bit more specific, are you running say with All Cars and Tracks (or similar vmod) but choosing as the car you're driving one that supposedly has no mirrors problems (e.g. BT20) then yes other cars (Spark/EVE) will have mirrors. If you choose Spark or EVE as your car do you have working mirrors then or are all car mirrors (including the BT20) now black?

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Thanx ISI for new update. I've checked things I looked forward to be updated. A few are indeed done, few still are untouched.
    One of improvement is related to fog over horizon. Finally hils on Spa are not brighter than sky. In most cases these colour is nicely blended with sky. Even if there are a few situations where hills are still too bright, the difference is not such significant, so I'm giving thump up for this change. Thanx.

There are other improvements in gfx area listed in change log. Unfortunately one of them - bloom, is not present in the release by unknown reason.
    A few issues left untouched (reflections, car lights, mirrors, I think Max explained why left unfixed)

To be honest I like frequent but smaller updates more than big updates once a time. It is because any update may bring new issues. If released infrequent we would have feeling about stalled progress or so. With frequent updates, even if not all things being fixed per release, overall feeling is things are moving on. it is my personal opinion of course.

So again thank you for this update. i'm looking forward for next one.. yet before holidays ;)

PS. Thanks to all not named retards you give me negative reputation for post, with comment "troll". As you can see, I was right. It's time to start changing your attitude. It may be late in few years.

1 person likes this.
  13. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

You should be able to enable bloom in ModDev mode, in the PostFX/HDR panel. Right now it isn't enabled in the other modes.

14. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I'm getting less fps in this build than in 85 which was also worse than the previous. All fresh installs and only using ISI content.

Nice to have Monza added to the collection. Only ran a few laps with the Brabham, but rounding Curva Grande I had an instant flashback to when I first drove a Lotus around Monza in GPL. Obviously this is a good sign ;)

FPS still seems to be an issue, especially on the starting grid at Monza (and garage area).

All of the above is based on a fresh *.PLR file, untouched. I will do my usual tweaks to get back some FPS but yes I'm hoping it's purely due to the beta state of the game.

The one thing I'm really looking forward to still is spray and aquaplaning, can't wait for that on the banking at Monza!!

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Ahh. Thank you for explanation. I'm not working with dev mode, so not noticed it. So now it is clear. thnx for quick response.

16. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

You are right. If I choose an EVE or SPARK I have no mirrors on any car.

Another thing. Frame rate is lower with 90 update.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You seem to be the only one who has mirrors in the 60's formula cars (non-Brabham)! Wonder what the trick is?

18. Fritzisbro

Fritzisbro Registered

why is brianza not showing up in my 60' series track list

19. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Excellent additional track&car!:)

Although I presume it's a known bug(but I could'nt find any notice in this thread tho?) there are no cockpit features such as seat, gauges and no steering wheel on the BT20 while in the spinner, and on track only the seat is missing.
    BT20.png

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

It's not meant to be in the 60's series. Gjon did it this way on purpose. Go to "all cars and tracks" to find it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.