Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJP

MJP Registered

Yep just set the path in modmanager to the packages folder. Brianza goes in the packages folder too but you must uncheck 'show mods only' in modmanager to see it.

Hi michael.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

LOL

3. Yarach

Yarach Registered

Thanks for the info :)

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

all installed sorted thanks MJP

5. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Did the 85 to 90 update, Classic F1 update (BT20), and Brianza install. I did NOT uninstall any previous mods or tracks. Everything seems to be similar to the experiences logged here: Classic F1 mirrors and frame rate hit of 10% to 20% with NVidia 560 Ti OC, latest driver 301.42, bigger hit with more AI. Prior mods from non-ISI sources seem to be working well, at least the ones I've tested so far. I got the latest for Sears. Thanks all. The BT20 is almost worth the price of admission all by itself. :) Keep 'em coming!

6. RafBR

RafBR Registered

And what this means? Why in ModDev and not in game? Thx!

7. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Keep calling them retards - I'm sure it will work ;)

And apart from my sarcastic comment (which is actually an advice in disguise) I can only suggest to give some thought to the quote I have in my signature.

I believe you keep making the mistake of thinking that you get rep points for your opinions. Opinions are something people can agree or disagree with and that's that.
    What we get reputation for is work we do, knowledge we share, help we provide but first and formost for the way we conduct ourselves here.

And of course you can make enemies who will throw you a "bonus" from time to time, but if one makes an enemy on forum, he's always partially to blame, isn't he? :)

You can always try to report your own post and explain the situation to board admin. Abusing reputation system for personal vendetta is something I consider an offence against forum rules (even if forum rules don't state that explicitly), so it should lay within the interest of board admin.

1 person likes this.
  8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Absolutely correct :D
    (just tried it with success)

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Ok guys, just a few words to say update was fine, 85 to 90, v1.1 for 60's cars and adding Brianza, no problem at all. Didn't have time to and didn't want to check new fps, bugs, etc as I spent the evening on Brianza with the BT20 fighting against AI. So far So Good! I had tons of pleasure tonight, and thanks a zillions for that! The oval part is simply amazing, trying to keep the line, fighting against my wheel, bumps, etc. So great time! and for the first time I removed all driving aids and even used my H G25 gears and clutch and pleasure was awesome. Ok, my English is not enough developed to try to put all positive feelings I have right now :) So, just...keep going like this Guys! Thanks again! :)

1 person likes this.
  10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Same here, everything works ok, no full install, just updating.

(Banking at Monza is hillarious, I see everything double there from shaking up and down.)

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

If I were thinking this way, I wouldn't ask the question.
    You are assuming too much ;)

BTW: Thanx for tips. I really didn't knew that ;) Note also, I asked admins.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
  12. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Tried a fresh install and now it works on devmode. Thanks mate...

13. Pits

Pits Registered

I'm always fooled into ready your posts, I assumed you actually knew something, I was wrong.

Yes I to don't have cars in the mirrors, it's all black but doesn't affect me to much.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

15. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hello Tim
    Why do you say that the skins should be placed in the directory:
    "Document/rFactor2/UserData/Player/settings".
    While this does not at all, because on the front glass we have reflections.
    Would it better to change step it in the section "download" for those who turn?
    I ask my skins in the folder:
    "Document/rFactor2/installed/name of the current vehicle/version /".
    Would it be in the end it will install them in the folder that you describe?

16. blakboks

blakboks Registered

ISI...you guys have outdone yourselves. Maybe because for the first time in rF2 I've actually set best times fairly easily against 100% (or is it 95%?) AI strength, I think Brianza is about the only other track from "the other guys'" Watkins Glen that I've actually had an emotional connection with. Brilliant! I LOVE the "looming" feeling of the trees and huge billboards. I've only done practice so far, so I don't know if this is already in the game, but it'd be great to see those billboards packed with the tifosi during the race.

[​IMG]

17. Diavolo

Diavolo Registered

my 2 cent

+ Babham
    + Brianza

- big fps drop
    - many errors like black screen, system hang on, and ctd

Nothing of this errors occurs before this update. I hope they sorted this out. Build 85 was working much better for me.

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I seem to be getting very odd occurrences of the TUNNEL sound effect even when I am not in a tunnel. It is very annoying. I also might be bonkers but I think I feel the Engine Simulation is better. Whatever that WIP is.. Keep doing it.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

13 pages of posts and not 1 person has mentioned what the updates to monaco and the 60s cars are. Do they drive different, feel different, does monaco have graphics changes, track changes etc etc etc

20. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

I am not sure what the update for Monaco is to v1.1 but I am still getting a steady 60-65fps with the graphics on full And HDR on the game seems more stable now for me.

Great sim keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.