The A.R.I 1960's Monte Carlo Extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dany Mitchel, May 14, 2012.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

no it should you have to edit the properties on the component. left click it and edit the properties reassign it than it should work. if the option isnt shown in the list than it rf doesn't export that specific data but I know rf exports brake and. steering wheel angle

2. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I'll give it a try to your setup.
    By surprise I had an hour to do some practicing yesterday. After using the application that someone posted in the tunning post (the one that asks your feelings on the car and tells you what to adjust) I was in the constant 37"s in racing conditions.

3. Fergy

Fergy Registered

In that thread you'll find my Template. You can download it here :http://www.mediafire.com/?appe87o0wlddhe1

This template should have all you need.

Simply add it to your Documents/MoTeC Projects Folder. Go to File and Projects in the Motec program and you should see it there.
    If you want a colored background go to Tools/Options/Colors, click on Select Scheme. I like Motec Black personally:)

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Guys, a telemetry program would help a lot with my setup and I want to run that, but a question first; in the past (and then I mean waaay back "in the days") I used some program and it was an attack on my system performance......
    It took snapshots also and my game was showing that by a little hitch every time.
    How is this Motec thing?

Think it's useful as I know a bit of telemetry; I use it in real life too as a scrutineer at track races on tracks in Europe to see if cars are legal or if we should check a car in a particular way to find out how comes he can make a turn 10 km/h faster than the rest.
    That kind of stuff, would love to use it on my own driving :)

5. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Hi,
    in no way will Motec slow your pc. In fact as long as Data acquisition is running while lapping you wont have to start the program until you wish to view the results of your laps.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Nice! I'm going to try it out, thanks!

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And of course.....doesn't work......

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the read me says I have to extract the file in the "Rfactor 2 core" folder and then it should be standing next to some Commutilplugin.ini file; that file, is in "plugins" and not in the core!

Anyway; extracting the file is impossible because winrar says the path is not found on all files to extract. I just directed the path!

This is why I don't do to much with plugins; there's always something and it keeps you busy for a day.......

8. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Lets make a time to go through it step by step. We have Teamspeak in the server or any other form of communication you like. At the moment I'm at work but after that I can help you after no problems.

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

That's a nice offer, thanks!
    I however, don't have teamspeak or things like that and I always get in a fight with that stuff (hence the Motec stuff) so maybe through pb is a solution?

10. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

The app I started to use by first time yesterday is the Setup Developer Tool
    It's more like having a racing engineer who suggests/tells you which changes to make in the setup according to type of car, track, tire temps etc, etc, etc...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

But do you know if rf2 beta exports steering angle? It says steering angle (unavailable) in MoTec to me. :(

@Fergie, thanks for the temp. Also didn't realise that you can use the pro version as it seems to be free.....well, so far at least. :p

12. Fergy

Fergy Registered

If you can't see steering angle, right click on the sheet for steering and open properties and remove the group(Steering) Than add it again. It should work after that.

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yes that worked thank you. Shame though that the wheel animation can't be made to rotate to the correct angles to your own steering wheel.

14. jjcook

jjcook Registered

anybody have a spark set-up they care to share?

15. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Sure, this is base set you can play with. My wheel is set to 370°, in game is set to 370° with 0 speed sensitivity.

View attachment 2409

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ill surely try it, thnx.
    (I thought I should leave my wheel set to 900 and let the game adjust it or shouldnt I)

17. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Well it's a very personal feel but I try to match my wheel turn in game with the wheel in my hand. 370° seems close to the actual wheel rotation of this car. For example F1 is a lot less, around 250°. Most guys who a extremely fast you using low wheel rotations but it takes some practice because of the sensitivity. You need to find what is too much and what is too little for driving style, at a guess 900° will be costing you time.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  18. jjcook

jjcook Registered

thank you so much appreciated- will give it a try this weekend

my wheel is set to match in game- so if i turn my wheel 45 degrees the graphic matches- i did this by allowing the in game to set rotation to car specific, then took that number - and set my controller to the same- i prefer 900 as it seems to deal with the ffb spikes i get a little better bt also like to have what the car is supposed to- i think its 575 or something.....setting a small rotation is impossible- my wheel generates too much jerking and spiking over the bumbs, pulling it from my hands - especially at monaco and belgium- other tracks dont cause this so suspect it is a product of how the shock compressions generate force feedback on those tracks...others have the same problem i can see on the forum here but it doesnt seem to be something that affects everyone so likely wont get changed.....the ffb is otherwise very good to fantastic depending on the track surface.

19. Fergy

Fergy Registered

This is harder suspension, lower ride height and less rear tyre pressure than the first set up. Feels easier through the chicane.

20. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Thanks for those set ups Bryan, I'll have to give them a try. We had some great racing on the server today,
    lots of people stopping by and I spent quite a few hours there myself. Some great drivers as well, today was the
    first time I saw someone go under 1.35, amazing stuff. It's good you can jump in their cars too to get tips.