Mid-Ohio download.

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 11, 2012.

1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thank you for this :cool:

2. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

That would be great Mike!

It was easy to delete those objects in rF1: just a few lines in the .SCN file.
    I don´t know how to make it here, since I can´t find that file in my folder (nor AIW, GDB, etc...)

The point is that if you´re racing in a league server with some other 38~40 drivers from diferent parts of the world with diferent pings, these objects have a huge negative impact in the game´s flowness.

VLM´s tracks are fantastic, but I always edited (deleted...) those objects out for league racings.

3. CheeseSandwich

CheeseSandwich Registered

Great job so far. FPS seems stable, and it's not so gloomy looking as the RF1 version looked. Could do without the helicopters though. Never in my dozen or so years that ive gone to races at Mid-Ohio has a helicopter ever flown that close to the track. The one that does fly over circles the perimeter of the track at a good height that you barley notice it even being there.

4. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

dont replace the birds and chopters. Its run very good. Best frames!

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Has anyone asked why track is brown while sky is blue?

however thank you for that great track conversion.

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

The more i run it, the more impressed i am. Very well optimised, track surface is stunning, atmosphere is great.

The Meganes are awesome on this track! :D

7. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

It is even easier to de-select "show animations" in the game's menu of display options. No files need to be changed that way.

8. DRat

DRat Registered

Excellent! Animations are nice but I agree with the post about the low-flying helicopter - it needs more altitude! Also, it'd be nice if the Canadian geese flew just in the morning, as they do in RL. Never ever saw geese flying on a hot summer afternoon at Lexington! Otherwise it's a great drive and really showcases the rF2 FFB which makes it a much improved experience over the other sim versions - especially the feel of lightness as the car drifts through turn 9 into Thunder Valley. Awesome!

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This is my favorite track so far. But that's not saying much since Mid-Ohio is my favorite of all tracks anyway. I use this track for testing when I try out a new mod or car. I know every nuance and inch of this track. And the VLM version is my track of choice. thank you for this gem!

Now if only we could get rid of rfmods and race this online....

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for sharing this, the track is just awesome! Think it's even better than the ones ISI made......

The choppers; I would leave them; it's just another thing that's makes it nicer. And that the real ones fly higher; who cares! It does't take fps really.

One remark; the AI is pretty slow here; 10 seconds at least and breaking so early, you make a mistake very easily. Can that be changed?

Otherwise; I wouldn't change a single thing!

11. ethone

ethone Registered

To get back to those commenting on the AI, this seems to be more of an issue with rF2 than the tracks. The AIW worked fine with rF1 and in my personal testing worked reasonably fine with rF2 as well.

Tim has also mentioned that the AI is something that will be adjusted over the course of the beta, so tweaking it at this point might cause it to be broken again after future updates.
    Tim's post on that is here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4358-AI-car-setups?p=52704&highlight=#post52704

12. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

great track

AI slow but can be worked on as ethone says

thanks

13. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

This track is superb, just as it was in rF1. I think some colours need adjusting due to rF2's new lighting, such as grass and guard rails, but I appreciate that this is a beta release. Big thanks to Virtua_LM for this track.

14. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

hum...thanks Vince!
    I´ll try that!:)

15. monkey wrench

monkey wrench Registered

This is a GREAT Track... You did a fantastic job!:)

I havent raced rFactor 2 this much since I got it, probably because of all the eye candy compromises, but with this track, 10 Megans, and everything on full and shadows high, it looks awsome, and with an average 50 fps its very playable on a 3850 x 768 triple screen with HD 6950. With rF2 still in beta, I know it will only get better.

Did I mention THIS TRACK IS AWSOME!!! THANKS VLM

16. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

17. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Very nice track to drive, especially with the Meganes. A superb combination!

Thanks for the hard work.

18. Rtsrcool

Rtsrcool Registered

Many many "thank you's" for the Track, it is absolutely gorgeous!!! And thanks for releasing it during Beta! :)

19. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I discovered it this morning, the installation problem for some users of our mod.
    Practically my fault for packing, I did not put the full track of infineon, this problem will fix it in the next relase.
    To work you must install this mod.
    Searspoint Track + vmod
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3868-Searspoint-Track-vmod-update-packaging-Test-Release.

Sorry

Babs ;D

20. michael1

michael1 Banned

This track is amazing on simraceway but i must say your version is better thank you.