Mid-Ohio download.

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 11, 2012.

1. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

In what way?

The SRW version is certainly more accurate in elevation--they built the track from a GPS trace. However, their tarmac is too bumpy, but it's already been laser scanned so a more accurate track surface is coming.

The VLM version is clearly the 1990-2006 layout, because it has the concrete patches. AFAIK, they didn't smooth out the track in 2006, meaning the layout should still be the same, and that's why I'm not terribly impressed. For example, the first glaring issue I noticed is the hill after T1 is way too big; when you track out of T1, you head uphill...in the VLM version, the hill is so steep that you can't see the Keyhole over the crest. In real life, the hill is more subtle, and you can see the Keyhole from T1.

I've driven the track in real life, so I'm not just talking out my ass here. This mod is fantastic if you haven't been there; I used to drive it all the time in rFactor. But the best one is iRacing IMO, with Simraceway a close second until they get laser scanned track mesh in there, and VLM a ways back in third, very far ahead of everything else.

2. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I find the AI to be slow in both this version and the rF1 version, especially between Madness and Thunder Valley, but also in turn 1. Other than that, this track is fantastic, as is the usual for VLM.

Mid Ohio is one of my all-time favorite tracks!

3. michael1

michael1 Banned

I think i drove laguna seca on iracing thats as far as i got :(, i think this version is better because the real road has a very nice effect and in the bmw f1 car i go off and i am completely beached in the gravel trap like i would be in a real car.

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same here, thanks for this track, and It will be very useful to compare cars/physics with a common reference between rF1 & rF2 !!

5. dice65

dice65 Registered

all isi tracks should be as good as this one ! no offense isi , but this track looks awesome

6. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I've been holding off posting about this track because, to be honest, there are really no words to sum up how incredibly awesome it is. It feels the most alive out of all the tracks in rF2, the first time the helicopter swept overhead and the shadow appeared on the track I actually started grinning from ear to ear. It's just an incredible experience in every respect, a complete pleasure to drive in nearly every car, great sense of speed, and one of the most rythmic tracks I've ever played in sim racing, everything just absolutely flows and you loose yourself behind the wheel. Sorry for the run on sentences but I'm still overcome with excitement from driving this amazing track. ;)

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

I really, really hope Sebring is coming also. Both of these tracks were easily the class of RF1.

8. FraG

FraG Registered

It is complete madness what is now required just to play the megane mod with other tracks imo. Why have ISI designed it this way? Is it going to be fixed? Nobody is going to be playing rf2 custom tracks unless they perform the overcomplicated tasks of installing such packages as ISR's to force other tracks to work with the mod... Totally confusing and ridiculous!

9. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

+1

10. bander

bander Registered

simply superb. do not stop conversions. Great spectacular.

11. bander

bander Registered

Se me olvidaba .GRACIAS.

12. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

You confuse me. I'm using the megane with many custom tracks with no problems or complications....care to elaborate?

13. StevenQ74

StevenQ74 Registered

where exactly should I put there files??

i have tried putting them in a folder in the locations folder, but the track does'nt show up in RF2

14. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

Whoah thank you for this track!
    Most appreciated!

15. FraG

FraG Registered

Yes exactly right John... In our experience of running public rf1 servers, it was hard enough to get the guys to download a custom track let alone what will be required in rf2. The term shooting ones self in the foot comes to mind... the general racers are just not going to be willing to do all what is required to play online.

The process needs to be incredibly simple regarding installation of mods and tracks. My group of friends who play rf1 have an average age of 50 and consume around 50 beers per night.... Explaining to these guys how to get an additional track working online will be an EPIC FAIL. The release from ISI gives you three tracks, nobody is playing those any more because they are bored of the same three tracks, and yet there are lots more... I really don't understand the logic. I know for a fact that if my group of friends hear of this, then no way would they consider upgrading from rf1.

Its an incredible shame for me because I love driving rf2 vs rf1 and was looking forward to seeing the rest of my mates joining me....
    When we open a server at rf1 its full in no time even with our custom tracks... With our rf2 server average at the moment is 2-3 players!

rf2 needs to adopt the simplicity of rf1 or I dont see it working regardless of better physics and graphics.

1 person likes this.
  16. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

can't install - doesn't show up in the mods list...

17. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Nevermind forgot to uncheck mods only... Now is there an All tracks mod for the 370z ;-)

18. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

That's really bad! Forgive my ignorance, I play offline all the time.

19. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

The best written lines I´ve read here so far...
    The actual rF2 format for mods&tracks is dumb, to say the least.
    I just quit playing it...the worst 45 bucks I´ve ever spent...

20. bastins

bastins Registered

So glad I downloaded; This track is brilliant.

Although, perhaps the birds could be toned down a bit. They're definitely a nice touch, but far too frequent. The helicopters are good, though.