Released Q4 2022 Update and Content Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Oh, ya, I forgot that. Oops.

Well, that horse has bolted. Maybe the next hybrid car! :p

(seriously though, I should probably watch some BTCC, at least to find out how much the missing hybrid affects the experience. Should maybe buy some BTCC too...)

lagg likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The hybrid is for the 2022 cars and S397 uses the Push to Pass system as a replacement for an actual hybrid.

Emery and lagg like this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lagg likes this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes, it is clear.
    I was asking out of curiosity.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, I know.

7. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

8. Mike Tobin

Mike Tobin Registered

Same thing just happened me, updating for the last 10 mins

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

10. Ayrton de Lima

Calm Lazza, I'm just sad about the case that we still don't have 1 Hybrid car, I'm even afraid after the transmission model adopted in the mini and catheram that they force to use the clutch in cars with competition transmission...

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I understand, I feel the same way regarding the clutch, and the ongoing featureless transmission model generally. I answered your first post as a general "omg it's the end of 2022 and still no hybrid" with the mistaken belief that none of the licensed cars are hybrid. That was already corrected, which is why I asked you to read the thread instead of pointing me to the same correction some hours later.

It's no big deal, just a pet peeve of mine when people answer a post without seeing if it's been answered by others first. I have a number of pet peeves. It's nothing personal (well, personal with myself I guess, but it doesn't reflect my thoughts on anyone else in particular, just the posts).

The hybrid in BTCC though, unless I'm further mistaken, is basically a Push 2 Pass system anyway. It's a time-limited power boost that happens to be powered by hybrid. So it can effectively be simulated by the existing P2P system (or does braking/coasting behaviour change significantly after its use? That's why I'd probably have to watch it). A hybrid car with configurable regen etc might force some new features.

makan, pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Did ya see that? I'm his PET!!!!

13. Ayrton de Lima

Yes, I understand all that, my biggest fear is in forced transmission models like the mini and catheram, in case some cars have dog engagement transmissions and we will have to change gears like synchronized transmissions, as if it were a street car, in that case even the cars with rev match simulation are better done, I also hope that soon in Q1 2023 they will come with a more complete hybrid car, 919, R18, TS050 is needed and we are in 22/23....

14. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Good post, but I didn't see the reasons it needs to be postponed. I'm assuming you're referring to Fuji.

15. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

16. lagg

lagg Registered

I know. it was just curiosity

Bill Worrel likes this.
  17. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

Hello everyone this morning we had a race and rF2 crashed just after qualifying.
    same problem for all regardless of the country.
    our server has never crashed? is it a steam or rF2 problem? anyone else had this problem?

18. SharD

SharD Registered

Liking the updated AI. It makes my BTCC races much more fun to watch, with more aggressive driving and realistic turning. Good job.

The only thing that is lacking now is the ability to set tyre and fuel strategies for individual AI cars and mods, like we could with F1 challenge 99-02 and rFactor 1. For example, it could be fun to have current F1 mods come with the current tyre rules; drivers have to use two different types of tyre in a race.

GRAB_285.JPG

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  19. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Yes, I'm referring to Fuji. It doesn't *have* to be postponed, but its a choice on where to put your manpower who create tracks. In this case, in order to produce an up-to-date WEC game, they will need to put LMH and LMDh cars into the sim, and that is going to take some time. I think the Glickenhaus is the only other true non-hybrid like the Vanwall (and given the owners distaste for simracing, I don't suspect we'll ever see it). The others all have some form of hybrid drivetrain (lots of different types in fact). Also, since in my opinion they ought to finish off the BTCC content first, by definition those new sportscars have to wait in the queue. Since the cars have to wait, no need to rush the track either. They did Virtual LM esports without Fuji this year, no reason that will change for next year. Further, I think Fuji is owned by Toyota. I suspect Toyota would want a "bundled deal" for the LMH and track. I already see iRacing have released Fuji and have the GR86 and rumors of a Supra GT4 coming, so it seems like iRacing have a better start on a relationship with them than S397 does at this time. Thus for tracks, there's a lot of IndyCar tracks need to be produced (for the MSGS standalone game, but also for here) which as far as I know they want to release in 2023. If 2023 S1 and S2 have the BTCC releases, the next tracks should be IndyCar tracks for S3 and S4. Thus, Fuji after those.

Emery likes this.
  20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

What s the name of this mod?