[REL] World Sportscar Championship 1964 by Storm Gang Simulation

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Storm Gang Simulation, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

My initial impression is mostly favorable, but checking graphic heights is something that won't take long and could be done soon. I think it was the 904 which is riding much too low, riding at about half the ride height as stated in the setup page. Cockpit FOVs all feel tight and too close to the dashboard, too. The Alfa Romeo view is massively blocked by the dash.

2. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

thanks for reply

Storm Gang Simulation likes this.
  3. Storm Gang Simulation

Storm Gang Simulation Registered

We will certainly be reviewing all cam positions on the next phase of updates. Regarding ride heights, if you're looking at AI, they will not be adjusted for some time as we are still tuning physics properties over the course of the CMS season. Some of the cars do need a little bit of refining with the graphical offset at extreme loads but we're approaching this portion very carefully as graphical offset, despite the name, also affects physical properties of the cars.

4. P4anc4ke

P4anc4ke Registered

So exciting to have these cars in rfactor 2. Love 60s sportscars, especially the Porsche 904 in this pack. Haven't tried all the cars yet but I really enjoyed the physics, and the interior as well as exterior graphics looks really good. I don't usually donate for mods since i'm not really in a position to do so as much as I would like but I had to do it for this type of content.

My only real issue was with the sounds. I couldn't get the engine sounds to be as loud as I would have liked. Not sure what audio settings I should use, increasing onboard sounds makes the wind noise too loud relative to the engine noise, and the other settings doesn't do too much or just increases other sounds much more compared to the engine sounds making it unbearable. Either the sounds needs tweaking or it's some settings in-game that I haven't figured out yet.

I would also like to be able to change the seat position (not fov) closer to the dashboard/windshield in the Porsche 904. The closest setting was a bit too far away for my taste.

Storm Gang Simulation likes this.
  5. Storm Gang Simulation

Storm Gang Simulation Registered

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds and graphics are getting another pass once we get through some other development goals. There should be several improvements by the first official round of the season.

Corgan, P4anc4ke, Corti and 1 other person like this.