[WIP] Lohéac Rallycross track

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by benmttf, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Texture work looks excellent! :D
    All textures have a slightly blueish tone. Exactly what I would expect under these lighting conditions (lot's of scattered light from the sky).
    The hardest part when creating textures for an hdr environment is to imagine the difference of the color and brightness in full sunlight vs no sunlight (overcast). To get an idea how the texture would look like in game I add a new layer on top of the texture (blending mode Vivid Light) and fill the layer with rgb 180,180,180. It's not exact, because the hdr settings have an influence on that, but it gives a good idea how the colors change in hdr.
    Another aspect that I'm missing in a lot of modded tracks is ambient occlusion. Driving past a grandstand and the underside of the roof is as bright as the top destroys the impression of 3d. It's more work to create a believable environment in hdr but it's worth the extra time you spend on this.

btw I'm a huge fan of Rally Cross. Was many times at Valkenswaard and Buxtehude and in my opinion it would be a great addition to rF2, especially for short pickup races with lot's of action.

2. benmttf

benmttf Registered

Yeah i have to try all that stuff! A lot of tests to do!

For now i got some problem with the "real" car of my girlfriend. It has been stolen 6 month ago and cops just find it so many things to do and no time for modding :(