Will there be a career mode in rFactor2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racefreak1976, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Maybe this should be posted in the wish list forums? Feel free to move me there, Tim, if need be.

I'd love to have a real career mode in rF2!
    It'd be nice if this career would start as an amateur driver, just like rF1 had it. Where you upgrade your car and stuff.
    Then you could go through all available series (incl. Mods, if possible). Maybe manage your team, find sponsors etc. (Think of the potential here, ISI!)
    The career should be customizable as much as possible. It should be possible for your team to go financially broke if you, as the driver, don't meet certain standards. Sponsors leaving etc.

That's all I can think of now. Everybody, please post your own ideas and thoughts here.

2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Is there no one interested in a career mode?

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

All I want is the ability to create my own championships without needing a 3rd party tool.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes I´m VERY interested in a carreer mode, but this
    been already discussed earlyer.

I hope that ISI will give us at least the ability to create own careers.
    There are many AI-players out there!

Cheers,
    Pete

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I really wouldn't mind if rF2 had more "gaming" aspects than rF1. Nothing wrong with a pure simulator, but it wouldn't hurt to have a look at other games and implement some of the more gamey features that make the single player experience so much better.

6. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

Not so much as a career mode but enhanced vehicle upgrades.
    That way your career is dependant on your vehicle and no pressure
    to think "oh darn I bought TOCA 2012 instead of rF2" lol

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

But we don't want Shift either. Career must be open-ended so I can play as many seasons as I want until I "retire".

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I hate it when rf1 says I cannot drive my fav ferrari because I dont 'own' it.

Same goes with pcars. Im really bored to understand why I cannot drive the seven. If game doesnt allow me, I know other games that do, luckilly!!!

(worst ever was formula 2010? having to endure all this idiotic press things while I just wanted to drive the thing. I paid good money for this game and in 2 years I must have used it 4? times)

So, no OP, I would really hate RF2 to turn like that in gold, even like RF1, having to memorise these cheat phrases for coins (lol) to drop. As an option, I dont mind, as long as it doesnt get in my way.

9. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Nikos,

I completely understand your point. Especially with F1 2010. I never even completed a whole season. Couldn't even keep up with the AI and I was too proud to reduce the difficulty. :)
    Anyway, the career mode I had in mind should be optional for those who want to go through all the pain, like myself.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I never completed a lap! I was so frustrated of its come-on-feel-like-Alonso-in-interviews silliness.

On the other hand I confess (blush) I did countless championships at Cmr 3 and 4 and RBR till I got to 1st place.
    But as I believe RF is a genuine simulator, FSX kind, like a tool really, these f1 2010 pretendings seem out of place imho.
    Again, I dont mind it at all as an option :)

11. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I love the FSX!
    Funny thing about F1 2010, I only bought it because of a real life race driver, so I can race him online. He loves it. Now I'm stuck with trying to beat his times in time trial but he's almost unbeatable lol.

12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Not saying it should be mandatory, just that it'd make a nice option, that's all.

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So, we agree :)

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm curious who will play career mode, if there will be an option to driver anything anytime ;)

15. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Personally, I don't need a career mode. I can create my own fantasy career :), like setting my own goals (i.e. I may only advance from Formula 3 to Formula 2 if I finish the championship in the top 3)

What I'd love to see is a more detailed championship mode, with extra statistics like standings per team (like in the old F1 Challenge days), standings per race class (like Le Mans, with multiple classes), extra rules like multiple races per weekend, compulsory pitstops etc.

16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

o/

It's not always just about the driving. A well executed career mode can give you a very different kind of sense of accomplishment and progress, something that just random races or even random seasons don't give. I'm not talking about GT style money grinding either. =)

I like a bit of context to my racing. =)

17. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

A Career are not Importend for me , i only play Online . But for this i whish it will come a Point System like DTM 2 . This will helps that the Gamer drive the Race to the End and some wrecker think twice about her driving kind .

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Not again. :( Don't know how often i had to enter the cheatcode.
    ISI_BABYFACTORY

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

a Career mode would be cool, or an built in Championship Editor.....hate having waiting for a community member to make one all the time!

20. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thank you! +1