Will spray implemented during the beta?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olex, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

^
    Joke...as in not serious...just in case ;)

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Thanks for the info! I welcome any infos (and estimations) like "not this week" and even "not this month". It prevents me to hit the refresh button too often, save server bandwidth, and gives me time for other simracing related "private projects" without the feeling of missing something.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, trying to keep you informed as much as possible. Gives you an indication that it's close though, which I guess is nice.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Cant ISI just have a setting in multiplayer that enables or disables forcing full spray effects? Or full smoke effects, or cockpit view, or whatever?

Having the ability to have the option to force many many things, in order to customize your online session, is what many of the big mainstream games have, like rts's, fpshooters etc.

Just put the ability to do so ingame, then once we have that option, it's up to us to decide if we would like to use the feature or not.

That way ppl that don't want to use it don't, and ppl who do want it can.

5. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah that's a good idea, wish list it up just incase ISI don't see your post :)

7. Alesi

Alesi Registered

this (on/off spray, smoke) may be a serious problem - i think it may be included, but server should control such options, cause its much easy to drive behind the car without such rain spray, so if one will take this option off he will get an advantage

8. Niko

Niko Registered

Maybe if you post the template in advance (like you do with the other mod) we will have car information :)

9. 88mphTim

I'll see if I can make that happen. :)

10. tjc

tjc Registered

:)

11. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I agree, spray should be defined by the server with the options such as low/medium/high to ensure everyone races under the same conditions.

Visibility is such a huge advantage that it would seriously destroy the whole wet race aspect if users can define how much spray they see.

12. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i just watched this video...look at the background in the left from 0:18 on...they had some form of spray one year ago :D and it doesn't look too bad, if you ask me.

13. 88mphTim

I think it went away when there was a code change in the realroad tech.

14. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

+1

15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I like your profile pic Tim, great film had me in stiches :D

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Exactly, it can be forced in the server, and other server operators/admins or whatever they are called, do not have to enforce it if they dont care, or its just for fun, and other servers can enforce it if they want in case they want it to be more serious and the same for everyone.

It will of course have to tell you alllll the info in the lobby before you join the server.

Like I said not just for spray, but smoke, cockpit view, and of course all the other options already there.

Anything else you can think of?

Is there an option for forced setup? I LOVE that option, especially when you repeat the same races but with completely different setups, and you sometimes see other people shining more with certain setups, and then others shining more with other setups, and others always doing good no matter what, its so awesome.

Theres so much you can do with multiplayer options/settings to make things more interesting and customizeable, of course everything has to have the option of being enabled or disabled, by the server. Also, all info about the server rules, settings, and everything has to be fully viewable in the lobby as we are scrolling through all the different games to join.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
  17. Radar

Radar Registered

I like the ideas posted here regarding server options for rain and smoke effects being forced.. Sure some people still have old hardware and will find issues regardless if playing online or not, but honestly, rF2 is no rF1 so if people want to play it for what it is, they will need to consider 'some' kind of upgrade, even if it's just the graphics card.

On a side note.. Will the rain effects be the same regardless of view, and adding to this, any window wiper / clearing of the water on the windscreen the same regadless of view ??

Sure I can force people to drive in cockp!t, but then you get those who cry about not being able to drive in that view, or they don't like to see their own steering wheel to that of the virtual, or because they just want to see more of the track and can't if stuck in cockpit.. It would be nice to see that regardless of view, you will still see the rain effects as it would on a windscreen, and a screen wiper to clear the water as it would in the cockp!t view.. If people don't like it, then jump in the cockp!t lol.

18. PMC

PMC Registered

The problem is the choice off views ,Bonnet view or in car view,niether are convincing particuly if you are using a true simulater.
    My opinion is that your screen/monitor is the windscreen and all vision through that should be so, incuding spray and 'wiper'.
    By doing this it will put the wheel the screen and the driver in there true positions without mucking round with fov.
    In car puts you a foot behind reality and bonnet puts your a foot in front.
    I wont even mention bumper or swingman,well i did but thats all.
    Back to topic,yes the options should be there for spray or smoke by the server but maybe a new view might bring the 2 together,cockpit/bonnet

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012