Will it be enough to run rF2 properly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by szekto, Sep 16, 2012.

1. szekto

szekto Registered

Hello!

Sorry for the new topic, but I would like to ask something, and I haven't found the proper topic for this question.

So, I would like to buy rFactor 2, but I don't know that will it be run properly on my computer? My computer specifiations are the following:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bi...Id=101&prodSeriesId=5046257&prodTypeId=321957

And, one other question: can I use the rF2 on another computer? Because now I'm studying far away from my home, but sometimes, when I will go home, I would like to play on the computer which I have at home, because it's much more better than this notebook.

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

There was a big discussion here about it, some time ago, and the sum up was that i-5 was the better choise.
    I have an i-7 and guys around here said its an overkill.
    I dont remember about i-3, but I have an Intel Centrino Duo laptop that cannot play the game properly.
    I think you can have the game in another pc, but you must not open it at the same time from both pcs for obvious reasons.

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

You may run into an issue with the graphics card that is built into that laptop, but if you turn stuff down in game it might work out. Near as I can tell it is about the equivalent of the HD 2600 which is rather old and slow compared to the current GPU's for desktops. The lack of ram for the graphics is also going to be an issue.

4. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

"Properly?" To me, that means every single option fully maxed out (so the graphics are proper), with an FPS that never drops below 60 (so the gameplay and physics feel proper).

Check out this chart. Your card isn't on there but it's between a 5470 and a 5650 (both are mobile and on the list). You'll have to use
    Find because it's pretty low down! http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

I have a 3.2ghz AMD Phenom II X4 and ATI 6870. At 1920x1080, I barely obtain the "proper" performance that I mentioned.

You'll be at 1366x768, which is a significantly lower resolution, and you WILL be able to play the game---you just might have to turn a lot of the settings down to get an acceptable framerate.

5. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

You'll need a better videocard. rFactor seems to respond well to a lot of memory on the cards....even more so than higher clocks. I tried it with a single 560Ti 2GB version and I could run at very high settings compared to my friend with the identical specs and a 1GB version of the same card. Good luck and enjoy the sim.

6. osella

osella Registered

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

@szekto: So from all these answers you can take away from this conversation that yes, it might be able to run the sim, but in all likelihood you should invest in a newer laptop or even a desktop to be able to enjoy the sim more. :)

8. szekto

szekto Registered

Thanks for the answer guys, I think I will wait a little bit with that to install the game on laptop. :)

By the way, I only need this software to collect some telemtry data to evaulate them. :) I would like to choose this because (I think) the physics what ISI do is almost very real. :)

(Believe it or not, but I was modelling on this laptop in the Autodesk Inventor, without any freezing :p )

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Havent used Inventor, but I do modelling and rendering in Autocad on a Pentium. Rendering takes perhaps 10 times longer than my i-7, but its doable. As for modelling, you can do that with almost anything (although if you go shaded you need something strong).

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Shaded? You can model in something as low end as that? Heheh, Just kidding man. :)

11. osella

osella Registered

Also something most of you probably know, but many people still don't know, when buying a new gpu its usually a bad idea to go for the lowest model of the newest series, often they are much slower than higher models of older series and their only advantage is support of newer functions, which in practice is useless as the card doesnt have power to actually use them.

Like this HD6470 might be slower than HD3850 or even HD2850.

Bus width for example says a lot about memories on the card, 64bit is bound to be bad, decent cards are always 128/192/256 or more. This has been like that for many years, changing slowly.