Why Post Unfinished Mods and Tracks in Mod Announce Forum?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristoff Rand, May 7, 2012.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Why Post Unfinished Mods and Tracks in Mod Announce Forum? Is that not a place for finished or work in process mods that are in testing? seems like questions and such unfinished works should be in the Car Modding or Track Modding forums. but perhaps this is how ISI wants it? I was reluctant to post my stock car mod there because it's unreleased as of yet.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

whilst the game is in beta I see no reason why mods/tracks should be 100% finished before posting in there as they are technically beta too. It helps modders & track makers find bugs as well as giving us extra content to play with. Sure when the game goes gold maybe an "Unfinished Mods" area could be created but as the game is forever evolving in the future theres no reason that mods/tracks wont either.

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Good way to see which are conversions and which are scratch made.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I didn't say only finished... I meant available. 166 posts in one thread about something you can't download seems to fill the forum with unavailable things that should be in the working channel. whats-more it leads people to a separate forum from where work is going on.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well it is called mod announcements as well....worrying over nothing IMO

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

The mod announcement forum is there to post wips and announcements. This way the track and car modding forums are kept clear for only discussions relating directly to the modding process.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

@Kristoff
    I'm also for more organized posts as well as releasing quality mods instead of a few polys.
    but you know... there is nothing to do If majority loves a mess. It is not our forum - we have to adapt.

8. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

How can you release anything "quality" and finished when the software itself is only half way done?

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I also think the Mod announcement section should be only used for finished stuff and its updates. I't would make things easier.

10. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

to me the announcement forum is for things that are released. a place to go for excitement that something new is now available. whether it be in progress or done. that's why I have not posted mine there, because I don't want people to get excited that it's available when it's not. each time the threads are posted in, you think is it ready yet? nope... just more talking about it.

however it does say announcements...

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Modders works for free TONS of hours, almost EONS...and the least you could do is to support mods with first visual feedback during the developing period. I've personally rebuilt some part of my project thanks to the forum feedbacks. The thing you call "talking about it" is called visual feedback and we need it before release anything.

Sad...

12. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

so do it in the multiple sub forums for tracks and cars. where people who can actually help will be. or should be.

13. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I think it would be easier to have 2 sections. One for the "Work In Progress/testing" and the second for the "Releases/updates".

14. ethone

ethone Registered

You mean in the subforums that are supposed to stay free of such mod-specific discussions, as mianiak explained to you earlier?

Why do you feel the need to dictate to others how to use a forum you don't even run?
    You're free to use the announcement forum like you want. Like you, I don't post there until the track is either released or a few days from release. That doesn't mean I go about and tell others how to post. Or how good their English needs to be to be allowed to participate. Or how good a mod needs to be before you're allowed to release it for free for everyone to bitch about. Oh wait, that last one wasn't you, that was someone else. ;)

15. Tuttle

I have to disagree..The modding section is a technical forum and is thinked for HOW TO purposes.

I think a mix of HOW TO and WIPs could be a messed up section.

Maybe ISI could open a subforum on MOD announcements for final/Beta releases.

16. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

when did I dictate anything? I asked a question... see the question mark at the end of the sentence... those are symbols that mean question.

17. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I can agree with that.

18. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

so if I understand correctly I should post an announcement of my mod in the announcement forum, and then post each question I have as an individual post in the car modding forum? while posting updates to the announcement?

19. Tuttle

Modding
    How to create cars, tracks, plugins, and how to package them for others.

Mod announcements/testing
    Where you can announce and test YOUR mods.

What's wrong? :D

Cmon!!!

PS: why you're posting your WIP on technical forums? :)

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I would really like to give such feedback. But I'm afraid of my social life because some of things shown are really under any accepted quality. Even considering that rF2 is in beta stage. But it is hard to judge if announced mod is done by beginner who asking for help (btw releasing his brand new, amazing mod) or is done by some one experienced who just don't see flaws. That's why we should divide clearly mods released for testing purposes, and mods released as finished at some stage.