Why is not fluid???

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Roby1kenoby, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Roby1kenoby

Roby1kenoby Registered

Ciao!
    I spent more than 4000$ for my new machine...
    • CASE LC POWER INFILTRATOR
    • CORSAIR ATX POWER SUPPLY 1050W
    • MAINBOARD ASUS P9X79-PRO SKT 2011
    • INTEL CORE I7-3930K
    • 16GB DDR 1866MHZ (2X8GB) CORSAIR
    • SSD 240GB SATA III
    • HD 2 TB SATA III
    • VIDEO ATI HD7970 6GB DDR5 VAPOR-X
    .... So i'm expect that my RFACTOR2 run fast and fluid but ..... NOT! I'm not a very skilled user so I really don't know what to do!
    Is this configuration enough for RF2?
    Where to check for best result?
    Can be an LCD monitor problem?

2. coops

coops Banned

more than enough. ATI drivers not the best at the moment but prob better when full release, nvidia a bit better at the moment. dont worry it will be all good for full release. your pc is very good give it time.

check my specs not as good as yours but have to wait for full release b4 worrying,and then i think we will be fine.

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Different builds have been experiencing different things as far as being smooth. There are however things that can be done in BIOS and things that can be done in Windows to optimize your system. If you have not done any of the optimizations, then Windows could well be why you are not running smooth.

Do you know your way around a computer and can you follow instructions on how to optimize your system? If so, I would have a look at this: http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html , as it will get you set up for better gaming. The guide is very good though it is basic. If you pay the guy who created it he will supply you with a more advanced guide to optimize your system.

4. Roby1kenoby

Roby1kenoby Registered

Thanks to all my friend for answers!

5. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

It's also very important to run disk defrags and some other simple maintenance tools. Defrags especially can put an end to stuttering.

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Richie, the OP has an SSD drive. You never defrag an SSD.

7. Brooke D

Brooke D Registered

Try Gamebooster out. Gamebooster shuts off unnecessary background tasks in windows. I have always noticed an improvement in the 'fluidity' of every racing game when I use this program. I don't think it matters how fast your system may be, if there is background tasks running from time to time when you are in the middle of a lap, you will see micro-stutters.

I am running an AMD Phenom 6-core, 16GB DDR3, Also running on an SSD, with an ATi HD6870 1GB and it makes a difference, also newly formatted C:\

Hope this helps. BTW, gamebooster is free.

8. Devon

Devon Registered

It appears rF2 and ATI just do not mix well at present, hopefully this will be fixed before release. My carefully-tuned rig easily does 100fps on other racing sims with vsync off, versus 15-25 on rF2. Turning off Xfire did not help.

PS if you are using Win7, it automatically defrags your HDs on a weekly basis by default (but not an SSD, as it should never be defragged).

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Sorry to hear about your lack of fps with your ATI product Devon. Have you tried a fresh install to see if anything changes? There are so many out there that are reaching 100+ FPS with ATI in rF2 that it would suggest that there is something in your setup that might be the issue rather than ATI's issue. I for one am able to run a fairly steady 55 FPS with a single 6950 on triple screens @ 5200 X 1050

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Damn next time u build a pc let me know.

For 4 gs you should have tri fire/sli 7970s/680s in there. I hope it also came with an amazing custom water cooling loop, and that includes the video cards being custom water cooled (with obviously their appropriate backplates) as well. Also for that price, the bios should come pre-configured and optimized as well. That CPU should come pre-overclocked successfully anywhere from 4.7-5.2 ghz.

11. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

All depends on what county. The config you mentioned could be 20G's where he's at.