Why do you play rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakotakota, Jan 21, 2013.

1. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

I'm sort of curious as to what the breakdown is for why people play rF2 and sort of the history of how you ended up with rF2. Here is mine:

I play rF2 to satisfy a want to be able to try actual racing. I've of course done some go-karting (only around 50 mph) and I'm a licensed driver, but there aren't any race tracks within a few hours drive of where I live, so I haven't had a chance to go out and try it. I'm new to sim racing, having started 3 years ago. I've been using a G27 racing wheel with an ugly little setup I put together, so I'm thinking of spending some time and money to upgrade soon :)

2. Pits

Pits Registered

For me it was great graphics on three screens
    Raindrops on windscreen and mittens on kittens
    Deep contrast and that feeling of "being there"
    Lastly, the experience of driving with lots of other like minded people that would move away from RF1
    Ooops sry I've spent all the money needed for RF2

So hows all that working out for me so far :)

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

4. Pits

Pits Registered

He's brilliant, now don't get to down it's just a beta remember.

5. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

GPL->rFactor->rFactor2

6. Dale B

Dale B Registered

+1

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Because tires feel better in rF2 than rF1. I am afraid that it seems to be the only reason...

8. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I barely play it, I'm hoping Neils H can save it otherwise I'll delete it and stick with Assetto Corso+RE3/Reiza.

9. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Sorry but its not beta anymore. Its commercial but in constant developement. Consequently some people might ask for higher finishing quality.... Giving things different names changes the expectations of your customers...

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Basically Grand Prix Legends -> rFactor 2. Almost bought rF1 when it came out because demo felt so damn good (physics) but I was too busy at the time working as a software engineer and also had other hobby which took too much time.

11. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Couldn't agree more...

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I only got a pc a couple years ago that was capable of running games/sims, 1st i got race07 & GTR2 and had a great time with them, but when i tried rf2 with its ffb and physics I knew even with its flaws its going to be hard going back to others sims. Any way been getting slightly bored/impatient waiting for more content and updates lately and then i got an email from raceroom with a beta code yesterday, so i downloaded said beta fired it up and can honestly say its made me appreciate rf2 that much more :)

13. Rik

Rik Registered

lol

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Couldn't agree more!! Same thing has happened to me.

I currently run in a Race 07 league and probably started when my older brother introduced me to rF1 and i got hooked. Raced in GTR2 leagues for a long time but then drifted away when the racing club i was with folded, just found rF2 by chance and my love was rekindled, rebuilt my race rig and now start the computer every day in the hope of new updates lol.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t play rf2...

I drive rf2...

Gpl > rf > rf2. :)

16. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

rF2 because of the damn good physics and FFB! And of course the big multiplayer and modding!

17. frankwer

frankwer Registered

To torture myself. 1 and a half hour of practice just to be crashed into on the warmup lap.

18. gniewko

gniewko Registered

because, everytime I drive it, the only thing that comes to my mind is: "Whoaaa, this is it!" - it is the only reason :) Have tried all the sims available, but the thought comes only while playin rf2 :D

19. Axly

Axly Registered

Very very much like Keikei actually.

GPL, (intervention by life), RF2.

Tried some sims on the way but didn't feel very motivated until my long time team mate Mats placed his hand on my shoulder and solemnly said "Rfactor 2... that's it, Rfactor 2". So, a new computer, new wheel and a life-time license later I got what he meant. Super happy with the choice to listen to him.

20. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Actually after my GPL phase, I played about 3-4 years of the EA F1 games, including the Turbo Years Mods.
    I never found another sim that provided 60s/70s/80s cars after that, so I bowed out of sim racing for 4-5 years.
    I decided on a whim last year to install GPL on my laptop and was amazed to see it ran great.
    Bought a G27 wheel, and installed all the GPL year mods and tracks I could get my hands on.
    I then decide to try out rF, and installed mods from 60s-2ks and had a blast sim racing again!
    Now I am into rF2, which I believe has the best FFB I have ever felt.
    Still need to upgrade to a better laptop since I cannot run rF2 at max eye candy and get consistent 60fps.

Can't wait for the year mods to come to rF2 to really have the best sim experience yet...