Why are the tracks so bumpy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VampireNZ, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

IMO, What I think you are experiencing, is real life tire physics, which other sims don't have. rFactor 1 this is not. You get more feedback with the bumps. Soften your suspension.

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

This is what I was trying to say, with more mean and demeaning manner.

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Take the F2 for a ride on Croft, I am sure you'll enjoy it. I am a massive F2 fan and I also can't get a clue around Palm Beach with that car (still wondering why ISI released the F2's with that track). I also don't feel very confortable around Mid Ohio But I think that is just the car/track combo.

That said, it's still miles better than the "back to the future Hoverboard" feeling with open wheelers in iRacing.
    They may have the tracks scanned but the FFB with the open wheelers is just awful and therefore the laser scanned surface is nothing worth but the tracks are for sure accurate. There is basically just weight transfer and the faster and lighter the cars are the worse the feeling is.
    IMHO the slower cars in iRacing are much much better than the fast open wheelers.

4. VampireNZ

VampireNZ Registered

Oh my god - I owe you a beer sir! Just took the F2 for my first 10 lap stint around Croft - I love it! What an amazing track - hats of to the designer of that track. Magic feel of the car on the track - the track repair areas feel just right (based on my time at Taupo, Pukekohe etc here in NZ with similar patches), with a little nudge of the wheels as you go over the seam in tarmac. Just wow - I can see myself spending a lot of time at this track....how close can I get to the tire bundles :)

Yes I agree with you regarding the open wheelers in iRacing - I tended to shy away from them after spending a few seasons in them and just drove the V8SC, now moved to the McLaren. I really missed my 94 F1 cars from rF1 (new comp a year back and never reinstalled it all) so am really enjoying the F2 (at some tracks lol) and am looking fwd to what rF2 has in store.

Funny what you say about liking Mid Ohio, as I really like the F2 at that track too, but I have done a lot of laps in the V8SC around there in iRacing so the F2 is like it's on rails there lol. I find it a really flowing track and the elevation changes are great, really busy second half of the track, with a nice relaxing flat-out turn 1 to test your turn-in timing to a blind apex :)

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I don't mind a bump through the ffb wheel it's when my motion rig almost takes off that I think "I'll give this track a miss", none of the iracing tracks have this effect -the bumps feel natural ,

Some if the rf2 tracks feel good too though, line rock - top gear test track & others, it's just a few tracks in rf2 that are annoying

6. Neuro

Neuro Registered

I did not notice any annoying bumps on Mid-Ohio, however I only drive that with the Lola. Maybe its car dependent also?

7. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

iRacing is smooth? LOL! Better go check your settings and give Sebring a go.

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Track was made by feels3. Check out Locations subforum - you'll also find Putnam Park made by him and Poznan Circuit coming soon.