Where's the progress?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by emilblixt, Jun 18, 2012.

1. osella

osella Registered

But we all know this won't happen. I said to myself I will be happy if it comes before christmas.
    Its always good to be optimist, but count with the bad option as well :cool:.

2. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

So amd/ati have optimized thier drivers for every other sim but rF2? I get great FPS in all the rest. 200+ in nKp maxed out!

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Maximum settings in one software aren't equal to maximum settings in other software :)

I'm only getting 13-30 FPS in Risen 2 maxed out :)

If you make a honest comparison, then NKP isn't really on par with rF2 when comes to amount of details and variety of texturing. It also has fake shadows and proper shadows usually have noticeable impact on framerate.

I'm not satisfied with performance either, but we just have to wait for more optimizations. I have managed to optimize a game from 20 FPS to almost 50 FPS once. There's tons of aspects you need to take into account when optimizing a game so it's usually better to finish all the features first.

4. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

True. Maybee foolish of me to think that minimum settings in rF2 would render similar performance as maximum settings in nKp but far, far from it.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
  5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Don't need, 1920 x 1080 is enough to muck everything up. My system is even powerful than the thread's owner, and my impressions are the same. Stutters and graphics way worse than the first 49 build. Also the "wip/beta" explanation is unecessary, I can't stand reading this anymore, we are not claiming for a final version, we're just trying to find improvements during the gameplay which, honestly, it's hard to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

But you have to face that it is a beta. It might be hard but it is like it is.

A short info to isi helps more than telling them that there is no progress which is completely wrong. There is a lot progress.

We now have more features and the framrate is still on the same level. Progress.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  7. Pluginz1

Pluginz1 Registered

Out of interest Emilblixt, how many frames do you get when everything is set to minimum? With shadows and lighting off and everything off off off??

also no AA and no AF

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  8. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

I have tried every combination of settings I could think of, and this is what I'm using now:

Everything off except shadows: medium, raindrops: on.
    Circuit detail: high
    Texture detail: full
    player detail: high
    opponent detail: medium
    The rest on low

HDR: on
    FXAA: on

In CCC: (override settings)

16xAF
    4x adaptive MSAA

With my ASUS 7970 dc2t now overclocked to 1110 mhz (memory 1550 mhz) I get between 60-90 fps depending on track (Alone on track.) I guess this is acceptable given my current resolution but I could use more fps.

I'll post some results based on your suggestions later.

9. perplex

perplex Registered

crazy ...
    dont know what are you guys talking about.

no stutters - nothing. q9650 /285 gtx / 8gb ram .. maybe u try vsync set to vídeo and anti alising level 4 in video setup.
    i guess i know why ati cards are so cheap :rolleyes:

10. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

I wouldnt want any sync in a sim due to latency issues. Of course my resolution is the villain here (6800x1024) I have plenty smooth FPS on one screen. I've got 5 screens so AMD/ATI is the only way to go at the moment, and as I said I get over 200 fps in iRacing maxed out with 2x SSAA. To bad its completely undrivable...

11. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

Ok, I tested, everything off and no filtering what so ever. Looked like hell on toast but 200-300 fps and very smooth. :)

12. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Than you have to read first, what emilblix is talking about in his first post :rolleyes: