What should I be noticing about 101?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Graphics--still full of jaggies and no performance improvement (as there was with past updates).
    FFB--same (very good to excellent).
    Sound--no difference.
    Content--no difference.

Are there physics updates to certain vehicles (haven't driven them all post-update yet)? What are the top 3 changes we should care about?

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So what are your most significant changes worth reporting, Gearjammer?

4. MJP

MJP Registered

TBH I never usually bother to read the changelogs but the fixing of ALT+TAB for MP is a biggie for me (assuming it now works lol).

5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i think the FFB of the Clios has gotten better. Also the Nissan 370Z feels better than in the beginning, but i don't know if this is just after this build, because i haven't driven it the last builds.
    Also we now again have working headlights, so we can race at night again.
    And the most significant change: the replays are much better now, especially the saved ones!

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The most significant change is that the cars now feel more connected to the tracks. I was having some issues with driving some of the cars in rF2 but now I am able to control them a lot better with this latest update.

BTW JJStrack, is that a split rear window in your avatar?

7. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

View attachment 3571
    sadly no, just a single window...however it's the L84 fuel injected version.
    And even more sad: it's not my car. It belonged to the father of my brother in law. he restores old cars, mostly corvettes, for a hobby. Here is a picture of his memory wall for all the cars he owned and restored:
    View attachment 3572
    such a lucky man!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

101 certainly seems to be a "little things" update which is what I'm personally expecting the rest to be until Gold, the early updates made big gains in certain areas but you wont get that with every update. Saying that though there are updates to the tire physics, real road still to come so they could be considered "Big" !!

The main thing for me now is a change to the modding system to free up skins, sounds, AIW, Talent files etc....but ISI have been deadly quiet on this for a while and I was kind of expecting this area to be dealt with by now.....hopefully in the next update....one can dream!

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

That is an impressive wall, and a shame about the vette too, I love the 63 1/2 split rear window, though I know they are rare.

10. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I believe they said that they've now physically modeled the engine much better. As to specifics, I can't say--I believe I remember hearing something about air/fuel mixture. For instance, you'll notice that the pit limiter only limits speed, not RPMs anymore. I believe it used to be that if the pit speed limit was 60kph, and your car hit that at 3000rpms, then you could never rev the engine higher than that no matter the car's speed. Now, the pit limiter cuts properly, so you can actually spin the tires while in pit road. This in and of itself is not a big deal, but it's merely an example of the rewritten code. More importantly, IMO, many of the engines put the power down much more smoothly, now as a result--the FISI and 370Z are particularly noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Lucky man! (the father of the brother lol)

I see a lovely (light blue?) c1 at left up of wall?

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Rev limiters and pit limiters are 2 different things entirely. Rev limiters by their very nature limit the maximum rev's that an engine can turn under throttle. They will try, but won't be very successful at limiting under deceleration as well. These are used to help prevent blowing the engine due to over revving when accelerating. Pit limiters are designed to keep the car from going over a certain speed and therefore won't allow the car to exceed this, usually by shutting down the engine input, or throttle to prevent over speeding in the pits. This only pays attention to speed, not revs.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Sure looks like a later C1 to me :)

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

ffb has gone to pot for me with this build

spongy dead zone in the centre,
    horrible rattle (1st time ive ever heard this with my wheel)
    a feeling of floaty disconected to the sim car

t500
    think it depends on your wheel type as build 101 has seemed to improved the ffb for certain ones,

im shelving rf2 with hope next build takes it back to at least the feel of build 90

)-:

EDITED : sorted now, it was loose screws in my t500 (&some fell out) causing horrible spongy dead zone, I thought it was build 101 lol, going back to build 101 now

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

No, I didnt notice any of these things with my g25.
    I didnt drive much the 101 as Im away from my wheel a week now, but surely so strong difference in ffb?

Nope.

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Interesting, I thought it was only Logitech that was having the issue with the extreme rattling when running over curbs.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Edited see above

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  18. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Thank you! As I was writing, I knew what I was typing was wrong, but I didn't bother to correct it, since I figured it was "close enough" :).

19. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

No worries, I knew too, but figured I would set the books right :)

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

For a few moments blakboks you really sent me wondering about current electronics and my ability to understand them :confused:
    Glad Gearjammer straighten things, or I would never trust my revcounter again :p