What pc do i need for rfactor2 full?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by a30fyllos, Dec 16, 2012.

1. a30fyllos

a30fyllos Registered

Hi guys

I have searched forums to find what do I need to run reactor2 in full settings, but still not a good answer. So I am asking you guys, what pc do I need? How much money I have to pay?

2. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

I wonder the same question here. I run 3 screens and need a direction for my upgrade path. 60+ FPS with full settings

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Hard to give a definitive answer as rF2 is still needing optimisation, most of the regular posters have their specs in their profiles so a browse through them will give you a fair idea what others are using. Look for the little rubiks cube like box under their name in posts. To the OP an idea of your budget and what your have at the moment would help and the same applies to Cordell.

4. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

AMD X6 @ 4Ghz,2x460 2GB SLI, 8gb ram. The budget is however much is needed to get to 60+ FPS with full settings.

5. a30fyllos

a30fyllos Registered

Dual core E2200, 2.2Ghz
    3gb RAM
    Geforce 9500 gt
    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

6. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Cordell your in good shape, Nvidia cards are at the moment performing best, but like I say there is still a lot of optimisation to be done. So as it stands the best 6xx series card you can afford. I use a 670 2GB with triples but don't get 60fps at the start of races, maybe a 4gig card but the upscaling in rF2 is not great yet. But something of that ilk would stand you in good stead.

a30fyllos...not so good, more ram, quad core CPU, probably a new MB and PSU, and a new GPU are all on your shopping list. In short a new PC if you want to run with anything like full eyecandy. I built my own and took my time, searching the internet for the very best deal on each component. Places not to scrimp are MB and PSU, money spent here pays off in the long term.

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Recommended specs for PC are not yet published, but with HDR working and having decent level of AA you are going to need a fairly powerful system at the moment. There are still arguments on if rF2 currently utilizes all cores of a CPU or not. That being said, go for the fastest you can afford for CPU. I would recommend the i5 or i7 CPU's from Intel as they seem to be performing better than AMD right now.

For graphics, it all depends on what you are running for monitors. If you are running a single HD monitor @ 1920@1080 then you are going to be fine with a single high end graphics card with 2Gb of memory on it. If you are running a single monitor but have a higher resolution you may need to get one of the highest end single cards or look into dual cards. For triples it is a little tougher. There are currently those that have issues running crossfire or SLI so for them multi-GPU setups don't work. For those that do get a performance boost running crossfire or SLI, what you need is still determined by your monitors. Standard HD screen resolutions running full eye candy will likely require that you get at least 3Gb cards and the larger screen resolutions will require that you get the 4Gb cards. With the larger screen resolutions you may also have to run triple or quad cards in order to have enough horse power to run constant 60+ FPS.

Keep in mind that there are some things that won't make a huge difference in visual appeal but will make a huge difference in performance of the graphics. Things like AA and HDR will have an impact on performance as will shadows and environmental effects. Turning those down but not off will allow the game to look better but perform better as well.

Track builders and car mod builders are going to play a huge role on what is required as well. The more eye candy they add and their ability to make things as streamlined as possible will make a huge difference on what you will require to get 60+ FPS.

If you need specifics on what I would recommend, send a PM and I will do the research to design a good solid system that will fit your budget.

8. taufikp

taufikp Registered

And with all those powerful specs, don't forget to buy a powerful power supply unit (PSU) as well! ;D

9. coops

coops Banned

+1 on what gearjammer says. check my specs, 60 plus always

10. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Sweet, that's the card I was considering.

11. gniewko

gniewko Registered

lol ;]