What a great SIM!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Levelup1, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

First off, I would like to thank everyone who has participated in making this sim and mods. Up until recently I had all of the sims, so I thought. It wasn't until the steam summer sale rolled around that I decided to give rFactor 2 a try. On initial install I had a few hiccups but I was determined to get it working and after I did, what a rush (Road Warriors Voice)! The feeling of tire flex and suspension totally won me over, and I thought AMS ffb was great. I immediately went to purchase and download every piece of content I could found. This sim put me in a whole new level of immersion. The only thing I have left is to setup my bass shakers with simvibe and I will be on my way to sim racing bliss. Thanks again to everyone for making a sim of this statue!

Turbo, Rui Santos, Gonzo and 21 others like this.
  2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Hooray another convert, sometimes RF2 can be annoying but it's worth all the effort in the end. You may have already found it, Racedepartment is a good site for downloads and ISR for tracks from most modders. I've got about 5000hrs according steam but RF2 still surprises at times. The lighting transitions from darkness to dawn to mid day lighting are really amazing, so life like. Hope you stay with RF2

vegaguy5555 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  4. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Thanks! I found that thread when i was trying to contain my excitement, but Im still going through the whole thread and and many more post.

5. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

I'm yet to go through the day and night transitions but it is on my to-do list. I think I'm here for the long haul. I want to be here when this sim reaches its full potential.

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Welcome to the club mate :)

7. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Welcome broski :)

8. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

Yes, rFactor 2 is the best in my opinion.

I used to race a few others but uninstalled it all, only RF2 remains.

Welcome ;)

9. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

You've made an excellent choice :) Welcome!

10. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Thanks everyone for the kind welcomes. I feel right at home.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Big Welcome Levelup1

It just gets better as one tunes into the specific chosen simcar & ffb

+ some big updates coming too

Great time to be involved in rfactor2

vegaguy5555, GrimDad and Levelup1 like this.
  12. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hello Levelup1. If you want to get the blast of your life, download and install the 1991 F1 cars from here: http://www.asrformula.com/rFactor2_free.html

To me it is still the best expirience to have in rf2. Close 2nd to that is the 67 F1 cars at old Belgium (Spa).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  13. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely give them a try.

14. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Another great mod that you might really enjoy is the Mak-Corp Group-C cars, it consists of Porsche 962C, Mazda 787B and Sauber C11. The Porsche being my favorite. Download can be found on Steam.

Levelup1 likes this.
  15. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Looking forward to trying these out. I had the toy rc cars as a child and now can experience driving them, simply amazing!

16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Pretty much the experience for all of us late bloomers. I looked at rF2 many times and thought "naaaah. I cant be missing much".

Bought it. Installed it. Messed around in the settings for a while. Chose Historic Formula and Ol' Spa (Belgium '66).

Rolled out from the pits, pushed the pedal to the metal and SWOOSH ---> CRASH (in the wall...). Hmmm whats going on here...?! Damn that felt lively! Went out again, and this time a little more careful because those cars are alive! I SEE YOU car! I know what you're up to! Easy on the throttle up Eau Rouge, well, old Eau Rouge. Got it up the hill and smoothly applied full throttle down the Kemmel while counter steering the cars wild character and power, and DAMN THE FEELING! MY ARMS! SHAKING!!! THE CAR MAKING ME LEGIT SCARED! Its like i borrowed the real car and i dont want to mess up - this makes me even more scared, lol! But the car doesnt feel like a sim car. It feels "organic" and very powerful. Feels like im in a real car with real horsepowerz, nam sayin! :D Doing a lap and im in love. Completely.

Coming off that first experience and seeing some comments on other sim sites complaining about rF2, and i dont get it. I dont understand. I thought i did, but not anymore. Did they really try rF2? Somehow it doesnt seem like it. If they did then they had all settings upside down, inside out or their mood was upside down, inside out. You CANNOT do a lap with that combo (or any other great combo in rF2) and come away from that sad and frowny. :( No, its not possible if you love sim racing. Anyway, having that experience was like striking gold. Winning the lottery or getting together with a knockout 10'er. Sort of said to myself "where have you been all my life?!", and then i realized i was the bucko for having scoped her out for a long time but never tried to make out with her... Shame on me, but here i am, and here you are! :) All is good and the sim getting better and better. Soon we'll getting AMS quality DLC's as well.

Life is good! *Indian guy voice*

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  17. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

That pretty much sums it up for me LOL!!!

vegaguy5555 and Alex72 like this.
  18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That's interesting that you mentioned tire flex physics here. I still think it feels the best in rF2 as well. This is the only sim I really have to concentrate on the straights with older cars like the spark or 917K or I'll wipe out. Very realistic in deed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Alessio Feletto, Alex72 and Levelup1 like this.
  19. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@Levelup1
    Have you set up your bass shakers and simvibe yet? One word.....SEBRING!! Doesn't get better and more realistic than that.

@Alex72
    That was a great read!! lol
    I also don't get people who try rF2 and then go to another sim and don't come back. I swear, their setup must've been all wrong!!

20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

@Levelup1 something that really impressed me was the go kart DLC. The way they grab and spin around never leave me feeling "what the hell" like other sims. I know I was going too fast and can't wait to try again.:)

Alex72 and Levelup1 like this.