Well I thought I understood some things...until GSC2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Game Stock Car ROCKS!!!

You can definetely tell its not technically advanced as RFactor 2 once you drive both though, no way. Its still RFactor 1, (but on awesome no sideeffect steroids lol), rather than RFactor 2 which is technically much superior regarding physics/driving dynamics. Game Stock Car is still AMAZING though, and my favorite before RF2.

1 person likes this.
  2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I barely drive the technically superior rf2 as it sux with my G27, but GSC works perfectly.

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

All I do is tell the truth though.

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Just wondering, have you try the smooth filter slider in the Controller Settings window? Using this slider can reduce/filter the amount of power sent to the steering wheel, reducing the wild rattling and shaking of any steering wheel. For my Logitech Momo, I usually set this smooth filter slider to 5 or 6, based on the car I drive (and the track as well, Spa for example, with its big scary bumps).

5. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

Each tells its own truth, where is the problem? :)

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I've spent more time on rf2 than all my other sims combined, ie, trying to get it into a driveable state.
    I don't want pendulum physics and the weird weight transfer issues that comes with it.
    It's also totally bizarre that the megane feels grippier than the F 3.5 at Limerock......just crazy.

7. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Ah, I see. Okay then :)

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Feeling is all subjective and personal opinion, but If you can corner faster with the megane than the f3.5 please show us a video or telemetry :).

I wasn't talkin about personal subjective feelings regarding "feel" or if certain ppl don't like how a certain sim plays on certain wheels, I am talking about the simulation itself, gsc2012 cannot compare to the fidelity, sophistication and advancements made to the rf2 physics/tyre model.

I'm sure once rf2 gets more and more finalized and matured over time, that you will start to see this aswell :).

I love gsc2012 though don't get me wrong, I still drive it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  9. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

My truth is longer than your! :)

10. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

And nothing you said has changed my view on the pendulumy/weight transfer issues that effect some of the cars.
    As it stands, I like

Megane
    F260
    F360
    GT4

If the C6R has GT4 weight transfer, then I'll be happy, but if it drives like the GTR, then rf2 will be dead to me, as it pretty much is now.

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

http://phors.locost7.info/phors01.htm
    Good read if you put your mind into it, I can recommend this to all interested about physics in driving.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I wasnt trying to change your mind :)

How could the 370z have the same weight transfer when the Nissan is almost a stock road car with very light modifications, while the corvette is much more modified (relatively speaking)????? That makes no sense.

Plus, we don't feel weight transfer in any car or sim because we aren't sitting in the car, so you are using your own personal subjective feelings (through visual cues and ffb) to judge weight transfer. If you captured and analyzed the RF2 weight transfer through hard data that disregards personal feelings like telemetry data, then I'm sure you would see that there is nothing wrong with the weight transfer in RF2.

All the cars seem to have different settings for visual cues or something, which makes certain cars feel different to others, and sometimes weird. Every car should use the exact same settings for all visual cues such as vibration, g force, head yaw, pitch and roll. Then the only thing that should affect these movements are the physics them-self.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I thought Reiza had a Home, toddle off there will ya.
    Maybe someone will care.

lol

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

The GTR is an oddball in comparison to the GT4 and all the other sims I own.
    Whether it's the physics or the G27, something is wrong with that car.
    I also used to enjoy driving GTR EVO's C6R, yet that has a very impressive rear in that you can spin it like a top with 600bhp, but using throttle control allows for a smooth drive......I can't say the same for rf2 GTR.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

It is kinda strange that the GT1 Nissan GT-R behaves almost like a 4wd even if both GT3 and GT1 GT-Rs are rwd. I cant remember how did the GTR EVO C6R was to drive but I do remember that simbins stock cars were quite fun to drive and very well made.
    Im sure that over time the GT-R in rF2 is gonna get some love and becomes more fun to drive.

16. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Not unless people acknowledge there's a problem in the first place, and generally speaking, you lodge a complaint and you're accused of trolling or being a hater, so it's good to see a sensible reply from someone.
    When the F3.5 was first released, it was a laughing stock, but thankfully ISI improved the weird grip levels, however, no such love for the GTR, and that car's been out for yonks.

I just hope the C6R and Camaro are more Game Stock Car like.

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Doesn't the gtr have rear wheel steering?

18. Armando

Armando Registered

Of course not.
    Though if you are refering to Rear Wheel Drive, yes, the GT1 version has. :p

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I looked this up and four-wheel steering that Skylines had was removed with GT-R.

20. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered