Well, I just asked...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pleclair, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I asked for decade must be better way.

Simbin /GPL / NFS modders tried with DVD checks, that was always doomed to fail.

My idea way back then was for all developers of 3rd party sims to make a panel made
    up of respected modders that would validate any add-on and give it a stamp of approval.

I got vilified, tarred and feathered and ridiculed, yet please explain to me how that is dissimilar to what 3PA is now ? ;)

I would take it a set further, develop rF3 get it full version, then allow 3PA ONLY content.

Sacrilege ! p

The other thing this would need that will never happen is for other sims not to be "crack-able"

So any "Cross dveloper 3PA content" would have to be validated in Steam with a copy of the other sim...............not a ISO image. :rolleyes:

2. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

For the love of GOD Pleclair...pls.

Your Nords is all I need and its more than enough.
    It doesnt have to be laser scanned to be good. Its very very very close. Ive ran both and even tho laser scanned, rF2 Nords is waayyy better for the reason we all know

Indy....let it go.

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

For curiosity's sake, what is this reason? Financial? And the fact that it's rFactor 2?

If so, I agree.

4. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Tim seems to get mad and close any thread that mentions Kunos Nordschliefe. Don't know what the problem is. I too asked about it and he closed the thread. Twice.

5. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

To sum up :
    - Kunos pay a ton of money to get that track licenced AND laser scanned AND created.
    - Then they sell it to their customers. Not a free DLC, a paid one.
    - Next, someone converts it for a competitor sim, and puts the link on forums.
    - And if it's not enough, in case it went unnoticed to the AC guys, the same person goes to ask the guy that paid a lot of money for it, if it's OK to distribute that work for free and for the competitor sim.

Geez, I don't know what can go wrong or why Tim is "mad" at it :confused:
    (sarcasm)

6. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi,

It's logic that Tim will close this thread guys.
    I'm not telling here what is good or bad but you must understand that you are on an official forum and your are discussing about an illegal conversion of a product of another company.
    In legal terms it's like you where discussing of how to crack another game in isi's livingroom ;)

7. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Oh wait, I'm mad too!

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.