Well, I just asked...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pleclair, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, I dunno what was going wrong with my other thread asking why my nord thread was closed... but after seeing Tim's answer (and not noticing he closed the thread), I just sent a message to Kunos, to ask if they wish to see my conversion and if they would agree to let me share it with you.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

I could understand that you closed my first thread, but now I have to open yet another topic. Or I could just let it go, and continue my way. At this point, I'm doing this for you guys, I already had it for months, and no longer play it.

If you wish me to get the f out Tim, close this thread again, and you will never see me again.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't do that P, please.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Leave I mean .......

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

pleclair, you can't truly be that thick!? :confused:

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It's a very loose perception of that PRC article and the URD-deal they have with Kunos about their by URD-themselves developed C7.R I guess... Misunderstood in other words :)

URD had to wait 60 days before they could release the C7.R for rF2. They made that car, not Kunos.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Heh, you are quite relentless. Rather than asking Kunos a question you already know the answer to, I would be more worried about getting Kunos lawyers on your back soon, as they take pride in their work and your version has already been leaked on some simracing sites now. (The track does look good, better than ISI tracks, so props to that).

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Hopefully this thread disappears.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

pleclair, you know I have tried to help you in the distant pass, with your rF2 Nords.

Obviously if URD has an intention to release their Nords for rF2, THEY will release it. I don't know if what you tried to release is a conversion of their track or an unofficial version of what they intend to announce and release in the future for rF2, but surely you don't expect them to give permission to let a non-URD person release either an unofficial conversion or an unofficial "official" release in advance of whatever they intend to do themselves?

Please let's be reasonable. Your work converting the COM8 Nords is the underpinning of the track we already have. It is just as fun as the one in AC, even if slightly less accurate in a few spots. It is enjoyed every day by many. Your talents are needed to bring many older tracks to life (if you are still interested in track modding). They are not needed to stir-up controversy about a track that you don't own or didn't have even a hand in creating.

9. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Well said. +1

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I don't understand this Pleclair, 2 threads closed already, this will be the third no doubt, and a possible ban.
    For what? to let us know you contacted Kunos?

Isn't it better to lay low and just wait for his answer and then get back to us/isi?
    People seem exited you are back, only to see it spiral out of control, I don't see much point in this tbh.

But, good to see you again Ringmaster :)

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Where is the source to this information? URD has made a Nordschleife?

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I think a lot of people are getting a lot of stuff mixed up right now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yep, me too...
    I doubt URD is working on a Nordschleife for any title :)

GG.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

He completely confused two subjects, URD porting their own stuff to rF2 (yes it was part of paid AC DLC) and Kunos giving rF2 access to their licensed Nords which cost XXXXX € to license. Two completely different things.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Then all the more reason some version of AC Nords for rF2 should not yet be posted.

16. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi Pleclair, if I am right you are speaking french right ? I will answer in french just because it is easier for me

Salut
    Je crois que tu te mélange dans le niveau de l'article. URD créer des char "from scratch" pour AC et rFactor. Ils ont eu le OK de AC pour amener leur VOITURE de AC (que c'est eux qui ont fait de A à Z) vers rfactor2... tout simplement parcequ'ils ont un deal directement avec AC.
    Si tu prend la track de Nords créer from scratch par AC et que tu l'as convertie pour Rfactor, c'est ici qu'il y a un problème. Si tu fabrique Nords from scratch et que tu as envie de la releaser pour AC ET pour rfactor, j'imagine qu'il ne devrait pas y avoir de trouble.

Anyway, je suis très contant de te revoir ici, j'espère que tu vas nous ramener ton talent pour nous faire de nouveau beau projet. Un beau projet, si tu en cherche un serait de faire tremblant from scratch... petite piste très apprécier avec des beau paysage et tout. j'ai déjà vu quelque personne ici en parlé, Je suis sur que ça ferait des heureux !

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

+1

Et le circuit n'ètait pas crée pour URD, Kunos y(or le?)-a fait.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't know how many expects any developer to sell DLC content.

I mean DLC you buy a sim for it you sit and patiently wait and are rewarded on occasions with unique content.

In that case why even bother being loyal to a developer or worrying yourself about rips and permissions.

Lets have a free for all............... yeah !!

Why not make all sims full on identical clones ? :rolleyes: ............like convertors on ego trips try so so hard to do :rolleyes:.

The thing I most like about our sims is they are unique, well they used to be.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The more they improve simulating aspects to follow reality, the less unique they will be in the driving aspect.

20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

This must be one of the stupidest conversation topics on these forums to date.

Kunos is not allowing any of their content being converted in to mods for any sim/game/etc... URD has a clause in their contract with Kunos to use their own created content (car models) for their own mods, after 60 days has past from the release in AC as official content. As Kunos has stated numerous times, when a third party contractor creates them content, they them selves implement the physics, encryption and data received from the car manufacturer with the licence Kunos them selves have purchased.

Only crap that this news ever inclueded was the URD created models, by URD and nobody else. In no point was it ever mentioned that there was an open letter from Kunos giving up their copyrights to anybody and everybody over their Assetto Corsa content, this would be impossible for them to do anyways, concerning that licence for content is merely "renting" the rights to use name/brand/model/etc... not a purchase for use as they wish.
    Anybody who have been around sims and mods even for a month would know all this, and the ones who claim lacking this knowledge, are either full of **** or just plain stupid.

Seriously people... Assumption, mother of all f*** ups, doesn't suit you. In the future, start reading more than the headliness, especially if you have to finish the thought with your bloody imagination.

Pathetic attempt from pleclair to make a face saving statement "I didn't know". There is no such arguement in the eyes of the law, which has been broken in this instance (Read the damn eula!). When the lawyers will give you a call, just plead guilty and go for the insanity (or chewbacca) defence... you should get that pulled through in light of all this evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.