VR vs Monitors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John R Denman, May 20, 2020.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

I changed to VR because it was the moment of a hardware change and 3 monitors didn't fit wher i had the cockpit. I had to choose between a screen of 27" and VR. I chose VR and don't regret, but it's a difficult decision.

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Unfortunately I live in a country where some headsets were never imported, I was thinking about getting a 2nd hand, but can't from the US, and in europe there is scarcity or prices out of the world.. probablyy due importation fees... And I don't know nobody that has a VR headset..
    Maybe better wait a fatter cow to milk :D

bwana likes this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

Well, at least until you begin pushing the boundaries of normality. Triple 4k in rF2 and AC performs better than expected. Not so for PCARS2, AMS2, & ACC. AMS1 won't even recognize triple 4k as a config option. I haven't yet found a way to get the nVidia driver to run the 4k monitors as 1080p in Surround, though it's perfectly happy letting me run them as 1080p when Surround isn't checked.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

AM2 works great in vr, ACC goes very badly, Raceroom works generally quite well, in AM2 if you look at the mirrors and approach the rear-view mirror or change the angle of vision the mirror is really a rear-view mirror and the angle of the image moves, rfactor 2 is an image that is fixed whether you move or not, in any case the VR is much higher than the monitors, I bought a 144-inch 32-inch monitor, shortly afterwards they left me some Oculus CV1, I wasn't expecting it but after trying them, I will not play on the monitor again, it was a surprise, with which I never thought that the immersion made me forget the resolution

Emery likes this.
  5. Comante

Comante Registered

In rfactor 2 there is a string that control how mirror reflection is calculated. You can have a realistic behaviour, but considering how variable the mirror are in the various cars it's not guaranteed to work always as intended.