Video Card help

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Dave-NRT, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

A 770 or 780 should be your first choice these two cards are rapido with rfactor. I've had both well the 770 is really a 680 which I had but the 780 is a million times better than a 680 with rfactor. I couldnt believe the performance difference, any other cards I suspect to feel like slugs from my experience as thats how the 680 feels next to the 780.
    If your getting a graphics card its really worth investing quite a bit into it.

Dont worry about heat with nvidia, there really cool a default clocks.

2. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

OK Bart, Thanks for the Info.

Right now with what I have per video, If I turn all the values to high, About 5 minutes in a event... All screens go black, system locks up tight, last sound played gets stuck and runs on...
    And the video and CPU fans are just screaming..

If I run most on low except for track and opponents on high, my detail on med, I can race all day...but we know what that looks like..Jaggies, blur and arcade.

I hope this does the trick...

Monday evening will tell :confused:

Dave

NRT

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  3. Bart S

Bart S Member

That sounds just like a typical AMD card, my old 5870 used to do that, AMD really dont stepdown well when overworked.
    nVidia the driver generally crashes and resets in a few seconds thats it your back on.

As I always say to AMD fanboys who have digs at overpriced nVidia cards, the bottom line truth is you get what you pay for, more efficient, less power, less heat, less noise, more reliable, smoother framerate a tighter range between highest to lowest frames and Sparse Grid Supersampling if your a gfx AA nut.

You'll be please to know you should be running those triple screens in fullHD pretty much maxed out graphics and 60+fps very easy. Set in game AA level to 5,6 or 7 for least jaggies they are the best imo after extensive testing, level 8 is a bit dodgy visually if you ask me.

4. oxia

oxia Registered

hi guys,

a 2GB gpu its enought for rF2 & AC please? or 3GB is better?
    thx

5. RJames

RJames Registered

2GB is fine.

6. oxia

oxia Registered

thx RJames ;)

forgot to say with only one 24" or 27" LED 1920x1080, but i think its ok, even with 2 screens i think....

7. RJames

RJames Registered

Yes 2GB will be fine for a single/double or even three screen setup. I used to run a EVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB with three screens.

Obviously 3GB would be "better" for more screens but you shouldn't have any issues.

8. oxia

oxia Registered

thx for the precisions RJames ;) merci

9. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

to OP, Was just wondering if your videocard was what you expected it would be?

10. rer8

rer8 Registered