[SOLVED] Very long loading time

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nicky Cuypers, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, I have hardly any too (correction: zero!). I'm not even sure what circumstances they get downloaded in :D

Could be something else, not sure if it's just the current build(s) or something more specific that might be affecting you.

2. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I'll wait until they release the UI build before I start to look any further. It has definitely slowed recently and I use a SSD, so notice it now.

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I eliminated the shaders, Cbash, Result and replays, I also eliminated json players, restart rfactor and improved, the first time it takes to make new shaders when entering the circuit, but then it was much faster

4. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I think the issue being discussed here is the time it takes from pressing the 'join' button, or entering single player to the point where the vehicle selection/race button becomes available. This for me is what takes a long time now [even with an SSD] and clearing shaders/Cbash won't improve this.

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Mine takes < 5 seconds from clicking SP to tracks/cars available.. @Mark Fuller, you're on the latest build?

6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Yep [but using VR]

7. Filip

Filip Registered

???
    I've been on hundred last builds and it always took more than a minute. SSD here.

8. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Used to be 10-20 secs, but now almost a minute

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Just tried mine in VR (SteamVR closed when I click SP) ~7 seconds before tracks/cars available. Steam is on HDD and Steam Library on SSD.
    I do have a fairly new beefy computer (< 12 months old)...dunno whether that is a factor though.....sorry not much help :-(

Mark Fuller likes this.
  10. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I tried moving all Locations and Vehicles (except the one I was using) to a back up folder so rFactor had to process fewer files but it was still slow (about a minute). The UI is a lot tidier though!
    upload_2019-9-8_13-11-40.png

(Moving them is almost instant rather than copying which would take quite a while.)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  11. Filip

Filip Registered

For me it is 2 min 4 secs !
    Has to be taken into consideration that my workshop folder is on another non-SSD disk.