Very disappointed, even for a Beta.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Jan 15, 2012.

1. furiousgibbon

furiousgibbon Registered

Bit of brainwashing by intel and co here, 800MHz DDR2 not fast enough to 'eat' all the data given to it? 3.2GHz dual core processor with an architecture that's basically only 1 generation old not fast enough to run a game that's only written for 2 cores? What a load of uninformed sh.t. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk.

There is nothing wrong with the OP's machine, the problems are with the engine. Try the tweaks discussed in this forum, they should hopefully get things playable while we wait for a fixed build.

After careful detail adjustment and tweaks the game flys in 1680x1050 on my machine in which is probably only 30% faster than the OP's. Eyefinity is another matter entirely though...

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can't expect your machine to run a game not made for your "kaputski" rig. It will always looks a bit shoddy running on it's lowest settings. You can't get crisis game looking good when running low textures, it is meant to look good when running all the "bells and whistles". There is only so much optimisation that can be done! This is PC gaming where the specs always rise with the new games that come out, it is not about programmers being lazy it's about them pushing the boundaries and being able to put more in the current games than the previous ones. I mean... what if they released RF1 at this time which would run well on today's machines... people would lynch them for releasing something that looked so bad, but it would run properly. Game devs won't ever win because there will always be something "wrong".

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I upgraded my E8500 (socket 775) to i5 2500k couple a days ago.

16 GB ddr3, radeon 6950 2 gb. every settings on max ingame, can play with decent fps around 60-80 and some drope here and there towards 40'ish. Never runs bad for me on track with 10-20 cars around.

But this is just me testing the game at max all time. I will actually turn it down on some settings to see how high fps I can get without really dropping any visual quality.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay guys, I got it running now as smooth as it gets I believe; the problem is gone for 80%.

What I did was applying the fix (flush) and disabled v-sync, then I choose in the .plr file for "max framerate" and filled in "60" because the machine hasn't been under that.
    That's it! It runs okay now.

I really love this game and if I had to choose between the game and my wife........ ;)
    But it is strange that all those things have to be adjusted (even in the .plr) for a game to run proper. (Okay, its a Beta)

All right; is it a good idea to change the title of this topic in something like: "stuttering problems (solved)" so everyone who has a problem with it can use it?
    I don't know if I can change the title myself, otherwise I ask a moderator.

Thanks for the help you all!!

And now; lets RACE!! :)

5. ROEDxTzaca

ROEDxTzaca Registered

I do expect my rig to run smooth , I don't care how the game look, if I set the graphics on lowest settings, then I do expect the game to run smooth. My kaputski rig meets the recommended specs. Your attitude will not change my opinion, I have better things to do with my money, than buy new stuff, just because somebody is too lazy to do a proper job, and because you say so. By the way, I play rf1 only for online racing , I will do the same with rf2, I don't give a frack for any eye-candy bling bling . So, ISI guys, please do make your job properly, thanks.

6. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Why not just get a 64bit version of windows? I wonder how many people have loads of RAM just sitting there because they are using a 32bit operating system? such a waste.

7. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

In defence of ISI, there is only so much optimization that can be done to make a new title run smooth on older hardware.

8. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I have windows 7 x64 with quad core at 3.2Ghz now + 4Gb Ram ddr3 1700Mhz + ati 3870x2 and it runs like I dont even know what game to compare. now don't say we need to have an very high end machine, because I can run crysis 2 with 100x better graphics smoothly. There's too much to be optimized. That's it. for me this is a version before beta.

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I think you are being a bit unfair needlessly rude.

Suppose an author has 6 months to write a book. Then he shows you the first chapter and you say "This is shi**! I expect a book to have a plot, story line, and ending. Do your job properly!"

We have 6 months of beta to go. With many more beta builds to test. Many more features to come. More content to come. More graphic features and optimization.

You can't just look at the first chapter.

Frankly, telling ISI they are lazy and don't do their job properly is unnecessary and very rude. There's really no need to take that attitude.

Why not be positive and help make the game better? Post your specs, explain the issues you are having.

Just saying it's sh** and insulting the Devs doesn't help anything or anyone and just makes you look childish.

10. Vintook

Vintook Registered

I have a solution for those who are complaining about how the game runs on old hardware. ISI should create an ATARI graphics mode which runs like Pole Position at 680fps. Then the complainers can all sit back and brag to their friends at how fast their old rig can run rF2.

Satire mode off.....

Game/Sim developers have to create a game which will last for years (so they have time to develop the next title). Computer hardware improves at a much faster rate. Developers like EA who pump out arcade games every 6 months can exploit that to have the great looking games on the market. I remember when GPL came out, I couldn't run it worth a crap with my hardware. Today I can run it great and that game came out in 1998. This game is the first one I've seen which can finally replace GPL and I'm pretty sure the hardware 10 years from now will run rF2 great, and I'll probably still be playing rF2, just like I was still playing GPL up until last week when I installed the rF2 beta.

11. monjen

monjen Registered

Its a Beta so theres gonna be probs here and there its normal. Even on my system I get the shuttering but I always remember its Beta and it will be fixed down the track. My specs are:

Intel 2600k
    Sniper 2 motherboard
    16gig ram
    nvidia 590
    RF2 installed on 2 x OCZ Agility in raid 0

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Let me say; Vintook; you say "on older hardware".......but it meets the RECOMMENDED specs. Now I don't complain the performance is bad because the fps is good, but a track I can't drive is useless!

Let me remind you all; this is A PAYED Beta; if you can't actually play it, then don't ask money(!!)
    Of course, you can't get everything and problems will be there; that's all right, but I just started of by saying I was disappointed because I couldn't drive it.

The book comparison by buddhatree is not relevant; ISI has been working for a long, long time and there are bugs here that were in RF1 too and some other pretty childish bugs.........

As for me; I AM trying to give feedback, hoping the problem will be solved and I can't help but being a bit disappointed.....
    But when I do that, not saying the game is crap or something like that, guys as Autodieb come along saying my rig with recommended specs is crap and I shouldn't wine in an aggressive manner.......right?

I too hope the game gets better and I want to give feedback, but when I do that here, I only get the "fans" chewing my ass off!
    Nice going guys, make sure nobody dares to make a remark that is nog absolutely positive!! Keep singing how great the game is and when ISI has the final version, the same way it is now because we all love it and there is no negative sound, the game flops and RF3 is never going to come.

13. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

+1

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

@ Navigator

I don't think anyone is giving you a hard time for giving negative feedback. At least I wasn't. You seem positive and want to make the game better. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying you're disappointed and long as you explain why and do it in a constructive way. Which to me you have :)

I think most of the posts are aimed at ROEDxTzaca who is not constructive and just plain negative and rude.

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay, you are probably right, thanks.
    I guess after reading the first answer on my opening, the tone was set for me........ I took all the further negative reactions to me too.

16. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Not quite on the RAM front. Windows 32bit can use 3.4GB of RAM including the video ram and can assign a maximum of 2GB RAM to a program including the video ram.

What, OOC, is the rest of your system?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Yes many people don't realize the limit includes video RAM. So people with 32-bit OS's and 1GB graphic cards at a huge disadvantage.

18. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

and just to remember this is a dx9 game. so for some people the future is you need a dx15 card to run dx11 games for a long time -_-
    anyway since it uses the same 3D motor and tweaked to use modern hardware I have high hopes it will run very nice in some time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  19. coops

coops Banned

well should have looked for posts in forum first and fixes. then maybe no need for this post .

WHATS EVERY1'S PROBLEM YOU ALL ADMIT ITS A BETA THEN YOU COMPARE TO A FULL VERSION GAME ??????????

MOST PPL ARE UPDATING THERE PC'S MORE AND MORE WITH THE GAMES GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.

20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Coops; if you're saying this, like that; you haven't read the whole topic and just start screaming.
    Please read and understand what happened, THEN give a reaction like an adult and not like a child that doesn't know what he is talking about.

"Ow, someone is not happy, I shall scream and shout at him because my beloved game MUST be great to everyone and if not, they're sick!!"

Sorry guys, I have had it with the negatives; explained myself a million times about the Beta, tried to work with the game, tried to bring in some feedback and a solution, and STILL some *SSHOLES come in screaming, not understanding what is going on.
    The Rfactor scene is not what is was years ago.......