vehicle bug that crashes the packager - Visual C++ mas2 error

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Slow Motion, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'd like to create a virtual mod starting from a rfcmp vehicle, to use it online. I made this procedure several times without problem with tracks and vehicles and this confirms the problem is into the vehicle component or what else (?)

The mod has been "ported" from rFactor1 and it works perfectly into rF2 devmod as well as into offline mode, so I need only to build it as virtual mod to test it online and later to release it as rfcmp (so people will can use it and create the specific virtual mods for online pleasure). A friend of mine made the porting from rF1 to rF2 and I refined it: as you can understand, I'm not expert of rF2 at all, lol. I read several posts but I didn't find any explanation. Only an old topic http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12231-Runtime-error-Mas2-exe is similar, but never answered...

My procedure:
    - run MAS2
    - click on "create the package file"
    - click on "create new mod package"
    - type the "name"
    letting the default rfm files or check "customize" doesn't avoid the error (I tried both...)
    - anyway I point to a folder where the specific RFMmas file is stored
    - point to the specific rfm file + dds files
    - next, I choose a track or more than one track
    - now the problem: the "ADD VEHICLE" window. As I click on my rfcmp, immediately a MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY crash appears and the gMotor2 MAS File Utility stops to work

Can anybody help me to understand where is the problem? I suppose it is related to something wrong or missed into the vehicle component, but I'm not able to find the mistake. I can share the rfcmp, no problem at all, but I'd like to avoid its release if it is impossible to build the virtual mod.

View attachment 14169

Many thanks in advance!

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

well, I found how fixing it. Not interesting topic, ISI can delete it to avoid confusion. Thank you

3. rer8

rer8 Registered

slow Motion,
    I am having a similar problem. MAS2 crashes when I click on the create new mod. If you have time please share how you corrected your problem... Thanks

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I found that the error starts reading the VEH file. In the specific case, it depended of the missing info into the description...

For instance, if you do not fill the line Description=, you get the error. Please note that something like Description="" DOESN'T WORK!

Number=10
    Team="695 Team Blue"
    PitGroup="Group11"
    Driver="Driver10_695"
    Description="695 #10 Team Blue"
    Engine=""
    Manufacturer="Abarth"

Classes="695Evoluzione"

FullTeamName="695 Team Blue"
    TeamFounded=
    TeamHeadquarters=""
    TeamStarts=