[WIP] VAZ 21083 LadaCup by ToS

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by B1K3R, Jan 2, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Ermm... you do know that:

1) SimHQ Motorsports isn't a group, it's website. I'm not responsible for what other people do there.

2) The P1 Mod they are using was originally released from someone entirely different, and not related to that website.

Interesting that your whole "argument" is based on false assumptions trying to discredit my own valid opinion.

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Sounds like you haven't even tried the mod. There is "shading enabled", or what ever you mean by that. It has reflections, AO baked textures, and overall well balanced materials. My only gripe is that the steering wheel should be 3D mesh instead of alpha plane and the driver hands are not very detailed.

It is very well made mod, with clearly lots of love gone into making it. And it is tons of fun to drive even for FWD car. Clearly you expectations are so high that I don't want to propose even AC for you, you are going to get disappointed. I happen to have AC and it doesn't look very special, there are nice car exterior shaders but thats it. Good performance though compared to rF2. This VAZ mod would look very nice in AC too.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I don't think that my expectations are "so high". The Lola by Pixsim is awesome. The EGT Mod is awesome and the T5 mod is pretty decent. The Mercedes GT1 by Ales is okay. This Lada - yes, okay it has some shadows moving in the cockpit, but the cockpit is overbright, lacks detail.

I mean seriously, is there any comparison between these two (EGT mod by URD group - private thing, not ISI)

View attachment 11304 View attachment 11305

5. Johannes Rojola

You just compared in-game HD screenshot and Youtube video still? Good job.

The car is cheap-ass VAZ, there are no extra details or buttons or parts. The dashboard is just like that, square box. It has very detailed interior, but obviously it cannot be truly judged from Youtube-videos as only upper part of the dashboard is seen. It is quite bright because the interior panels are painted white, still the white never burns out in-game.

Plus the car has detailed chassis, engine, and suspension (even the springs animate in relation to tire movements). Things that none of the ISI cars has except for historic open wheelers.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Look, I really don't want a prolonged argument with you. Go ahead and play this mod to death if you like.

Two simple facts:

1) Any Youtube video where driver hands don't even have separate fingers is toxic PR to the quality that is otherwise already present in RF2.
    2) People happy to play low-poly mods converted from RF1 are the reason few modders are making the real effort to go scratch built or really update their stuff to make use of the new engine.

Clearly AC (which I'll never get because it's on Steam only) isn't buggered down by this old baggage. There are no exsisting mods for people to just port over, so the chance that it will stay high-quality troughout is high.

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

That's a shame because AC is shaping up to be an excellent sim.

8. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

1. It is cold in Russia, Maybe they are Mittens :)

The first mod for AC released is a track from RBR, So obviously porting/conversion is possible.

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Is the driving coming along just fine now or is it just added content?

10. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Guess you guys are messing it all up.
    Someone made a mod. Someone release it free to whoever wants it.
    It is good? It is bad? Well, diferent points of view, acceptable.

What isnt acceptable is that someone saying that a simple 3rd party mod ruins sales to ISI.
    ISI and his RF2 arent a HYPE thing (thats for another place in Europe). Things are as they are. No hype, no fancy Photoshop pictures of content being announced with 10 months in advance. No autoradios in the vehicles. No driving lines draw on tracks. I personally will not buy a sim if i see a vídeo on youtube and realize that i could be racing against someone with lines draw in racing surface. Some people like water some people like wine.
    People who buy RF2 know what they will get, or at least they know they get a next gen sim with couple of features no other else has.
    If there will be bad mods and bad tracks? Yes, all past sims also had them. If we look to one of the most popular sims in history (rf1) only a small percentage of mods are high quality, all other are just trash.

So, let people release this mods, get them if you like, if you dont like avoid them.

P.S.- Im preety sure if i search on youtube for "rfactor 2" i will not have this vídeo as first, not even 10th, choice. I will get plenty of nice vídeos i think.

11. Johannes Rojola

I would not call this mod converted in classic sense, the original author has scratch made it for rF1 and then wanted to port it for rF2 as well. The quality of the mod for rF2 is very acceptable apart from some issues, and it is not low poly mod at all. The car just looks boxy because it is.

AC will quite likely be buggered with old garbage because as it seems it will be much easier to mod because of the tools available later. And because of Steam, it has larger user base and visibility so it motivates also the half-ass modders. There will be great mods as well.

I don't understand why you bash this mod so much as you don't know the facts and have not even tried it.

12. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

And don´t match the original tracks made from Kunos... :cool:

13. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Ugly car in RL.
    I can remember saw a few years ago here in Spain despite how little it cost.
    Always remember me the FSO Polonez I saw when I was a child.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

And the steering wheel is not 3d and the hands look boxy because...?

There's simple no reason we should be seeing stuff that looks 5 years old in a current race sim. Even more so there is no reason why potential buyers should be seeing that and taking it as "current state of the art" of this title.

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I think the driving physics are excellent. Having a lot of fun with AC.

16. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

so funny and sad at same time..
    some people here deserve nothing,same old story always.i dont see any info about this mod from guy who convert or original modder.so i will not judge quality of graphic because i dont know how much this mod progressed from when is converted..build to build depends how your mod gonna look like,so maybe somewere this mod is progressing good(even on someone HDD).i tryed this mod last time year ago so i dont remeber the physics of car(i wil try it soon).

my point is same like lots of people have here,if you dont like it dont drive it.simple!
    i can easy separate bad from good,i dont need others to tell me(like most of us here)and easy remove the mod from my hdd if i dont like it.SIMPLE?NO?
    have a nice day ;)

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thanks for the file, Guy. Whoever knows how to get in touch with the developer of this mod please pass along my compliments for a job well done. I don't have IRL experience with this car but I have driven many similar cars and find this to be very convincing. As a bonus, these cars are AMAZINGLY fun to drive. Had GREAT fun on Euroring and Toban. The cars are so well balanced they are an absolute riot (which is a complement where I'm from).

Graphics are absolutely fine and to self-appointed PR ambassadors of graphical excellence I offer the following prayer...

'God grant me to strength to accept that which I cannot change, the courage to change what I can and the wisdom to know the difference.'

You can make it your mission to battle graphical sub-optimality but in the end you have no impact other than harmful impact of disillusioning otherwise motivated and gifted modders who are passionate about physics and create wonderful mods with great feel that people like me enjoy. So if you want to have an impact then you can have an impact by shutting the **** up and quit chasing modders away.

18. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

The Info box in Mod Manager should lead you to the creator.
    I did own this car briefly as a younger man and it is very believable. My Russian is non existant but I kinda get the impression on the site that the modder or at least some members of that community race these little cars in some series IRL, so one would presume they know what they are doing with the mod.
    Physics count for everything in my book, Graphics come later. How many cars in rF2 detach a shock absorber in a collision :D Its a great car.
    I am surprised we haven't had any Lada jokes yet though :)
    Like how do you double the value of a Lada? Fill it with petrol :p

19. Galaga

Galaga Banned

20. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Obviously they are not finished. Just turn off the steering wheel and arms. There are many low-quality mods floating around but this one is actually a well-made mod with good physics. I enjoy driving all types of vehicle so I am very grateful for this Lada.

I think it looks quite acceptable in-game:

View attachment 11313
    View attachment 11314