[WIP] VAZ 21083 LadaCup by ToS

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by B1K3R, Jan 2, 2014.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I have nothing to do with this but came across this mod and though of sharing it as I liked it :)

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=VAZ 21083 LadaCup

2. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Thank you very much, will try later.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I know I'm going to be a spoilsport, and this is NOT directed to either of you two, but:

My main thought about this topic was: Here's a perfect example how a quick and dirty conversion of RF1 content makes RF2 look really bad on Youtube. No wonder people think Assetto Corsa or pCARS is THE next thing instead.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm going to have to second that...

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'll third that. No place for this rubbish on rF2.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's a fun little car to beat around in. Perfect for banger racing. I wish someone would make a figure-8 track for rF2 :D

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I would love to have figure 8 with these... Damn.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Imagine this...

Someone is in doubt whether to buy rF2 or not.

"I'll just check out a video or two on YouTube" he thinks.

This mod pops up in his face...

He buys Assetto Corsa instead and forgets all about rF2.

9. Johannes Rojola

Can't believe the attitude in this thread.

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Exactly :)

Oh "he" should have both Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2. They are both a must ;)

PS: I agree regarding the graphics thing, I even bitched myself in the beginning about quality vs quantity. The graphics hurt my eyes true, but at least one can have fun (according to perception of course) with this car.

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

With Assetto Corsa, yeah, I agree....with pCars, it has nice graphics but I always play 5 minutes and leave the game.........

At least this car is fun to drive :)

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I have had this mod for over a year, It is a blast to drive, the physics are very believable.
    Put a Lada in any game and it'll still look sh1t lol

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's the ISI forums, did you expect anything more? It's OK, as long as modders come prepared for this sort of reaction to everything and it does not turn THEM away, it'll be OK. But this sort of attitude does nothing positive for the game or for bringing modders over. I have yet to talk to anyone who has or has not bought rF2 based on a video they saw on youtube. The neg posters here are wrong.

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

Look at any post on virtualR, slamming RF2 - there's usually a video of a bad conversion or low quality 3rd party car/track. Even tracks like Mills are starting to look dated, the colours are all wrong even in the video above. The latest quality ISI stuff is easily on par with - or better than - any competition, but there's a LOT of crap out there giving the wrong impression to potential RF2 buyers.

15. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

What makes people think that all AC mods will be WOWOWOOWOWWWWW? Obvious it will have all that nasty mods aswell. And in the end people will have not only a bad mod as a bad sim (or whatever you want to call it).
    All modders start from somewhere. Not everybody start modding and after 2 weeks are making a Enduracers mod.
    The majority of RF2 owners i believe are not random people checking youtube vídeos. Majority come from communities. Communities where they have a real feedback from what sim to buy.

Just dont get all the AC fuzz especially here in ISI fóruns.

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I've personally donated more than a fair amount to two mod projects, because I want to RF2 quality level - modders content as good or better as latest ISI stuff. That's the attitude I have.

Graphics sell games to the unwashed masses. Continually presenting badly converted content for RF2 on Youtube costs sales, I bet you on it.

17. Johannes Rojola

If ISI would be truly concerned about it's software's public image, they would go to STEAM and could themselves control the PR material which is shown to tens of millions of players. Also I could easily see how potential East-European players could get interested of rF2 because the Lada-mod.

The real issue is that also the stock ISI content often looks quite bad compared to the competitor products, there is no need to blame 3rd party content alone.

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Steam is the worst thing that happened to gaming in a long time... I'm very glad RF2 isn't there.

And I'm sorry but all the current ISI Stock content easily can keep up with the other two sims. A 3rd party mod that doesn't even have shading enabled is a mile away from anything ISI is currently showing.

It is symptomatic about RF2 "culture" though. Lots of half-baked stuff around, but little top notch quality.

19. Galaga

Galaga Banned

dude this needs lrp v 1.0? where the f do i get that?

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

That's kind of an ironic attitude from someone with SimHQmotorsports. Have you driven that horrible P1 car your group hacked together? At least the Vaz is fun to drive. There are several Proto mods out there from 3rd parties that are lots better than that thing- whether they look better of worse. Those sorts of mods are the ones that make people leave the game. Someone tries that and thinks every car is that bad- graphics are secondary to sim racers.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nw2ofs2gub4pj8g/LadaCup98_1_3.rar