[WIP] Valencia Street Circuit WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by hamiltonfan2205, May 3, 2014.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

2. hamiltonfan2205

Bit of an issue here. Not anything technical, but by now I expected to at least have the track materials, barriers and kerbs done when I started the project, but I haven't even finished the barriers yet. The issue I have is that at the rate I'm going, I'm not going to get the track done by the time I need to to host the race for my AI series on the track. The reason why I am so behind schedule is because I have so much other work to do regarding the series that I haven't had that much time to actually work on the track, (eg. Only 2 hours a week) and I don't c the rate of work improving as I have the cars to paint next month, not to mention college work as well, and with all of that, it won't be possible to get it done. I'm posting this for suggestions on what to do, cos I don't really want to do conversions cos the version I usually use in rfactor isn't accurate enough (eg. walls and kerbs are in wrong place, and the bumps are not in place,) not to mention that graphically it isn't at rfactor 2's level. The Codemasters conversion is accurate enough but it's WAY too heavy on FPS in rfactor, let alone what it would probably be like in rfactor 2. I would be willing to do a major update to the version I usually use (providing I got permission) to make it more accurate and better graphically, but unfortunately I don't have 3d studio max (if only you could import existing tracks into BTB!) So what would everyone suggest, because what I'd like to do is release an accurate, fps friendly and good quality version of the track for rf2. Is there an easy way with any freeware that I can make an update to an existing version, is there a way I can boost the rate of the project in an easy way or is anyone willing to help me with this project (eg. Position barriers, convert it to mod mode with real road, model some of the buildings) to boost it in terms of time (I'd give whoever did that all credit) So anyone got any suggestions?

3. hamiltonfan2205

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I hate conversions specially from others games!

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

If it were me (and it's not) I would just continue on with your currant mode. Yes, I understand the length of time and all the other things that life throws at us, but your going to learn things that may give reward in the future, if nothing else, just that you accomplished it. Not too many shortcuts in a successful life.

Sorry, I've nothing else to suggest other than someone may help you with building objects.

6. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Aint much else out there though is there. Sim is quality but is dying a slow death as for as track mods go.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There is one hope, that the scratch content made for Assetto Corsa gets carried over to rFactor 2. There's been a lot of emphasis on properly capturing terrain and the graphical quality should not need any improvements.

8. hamiltonfan2205

What I think I might do is see where I am with this project in a month's time, and in terms of buildings and objects, I might try to import some of them from the Codemasters conversion (only if no one is willing to build the objects for me) I haven't officially decided yet though

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Is that considered legal by the modding scene/official companies..?
    I mean, using objects from another licensed product..?

I'm not baiting or anything, I literally don't know, since I'm not a modder nor a license holder. :)

10. hamiltonfan2205

Is it actually legal to convert the track in the first place? If it wasn't then I wouldn't even be considering this.

11. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I think it might be wiser option to build your own objects. Nothing stops you to use "other source" as reference material, but I wouldn't import anything from another product.

12. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Some common sense is all you need ;)

13. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Why don't you use those things from ISI tracks cause ISI made a lot of objects already for diffrent tracks and you can use literally everything from there for your track (maybe as placeholders to get better things which will fit better into your vision of the track) and also feels3 gave his permission in one of his track threads that you can use his textures and objects as long as he gets credited in the readme.

14. hamiltonfan2205

I should have the barriers in place within the next week then I'm going to import the track into ZModeler to neaten it up/add pitlane with painted parts of the track, but the question I have is, what is the best free way of modelling kerbs accurately, as at the moment, I'm thinking of doing them in ZModeler but I'm wondering if there is a better way of doing them.

15. hamiltonfan2205

16. hamiltonfan2205

17. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Hello

18. hamiltonfan2205

Still waiting for a response on what the best way to model a kerb is. Progress has been fairly slow but I should have the walls in place soon. I also want to ask, once I have the wall in place, I'll be putting the track into ZModeler and neatening it up and then modelling the kerbs and rumble strips. Once that's done, it's ready to go into Dev Mode but I don't know how to do that properly with RealRoad working fine. So what I was wondering is if anyone would be willing to do that for me? I'd give you full credit in the final release.

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You need RealRoad and UVW mapping made ? I might be able to help with that if needed.

Should be done as close to completion as possible, after kerbs are done atleast.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
  20. hamiltonfan2205

Yeah my plan is to do that after kerbs are complete