User Interface Modding - Anyone looked at?

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by Slothman, Feb 24, 2012.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I wanted to include a vehicle switch into the UI but failed and don't know if it was an error by me or if the function isn't supported any more!?

In rFactor we hat the profile page where you were able to simply switch the vehicle by using the spinner buttons. I copied the exact same functions but used the default graphics from rF2 minimalist UI (just to be sure). The spinner buttons do work but the switch is non functional. The function has the following code (including the attribute set for cross reference):

Code:
    AttributeSet="rf2_spinner_settings_centered"
    {
      Size=(265,21)
      Offset_Pair=(25,0)
      Offset_Pair=(242,21)
      Offset_Pair=(0,0)
      Offset_Pair=(0,0)
      Offset_Pair=(0,0)
      Offset_Pair=(23,21)
      Offset_Pair=(242,0)
      Offset_Pair=(265,21)
      Sound_Click="rf2_spn_click.wav"
      Sound_Focus="rf2_spn_rollover.wav"
      Font1="Nevis12"
      Font2="Nevis12"
      Font3="Nevis12"

Frame=[...]
    }

Gizmo="APP_SPINBOX_PROFILE_VEHICLE"
    {
     Position=(400,550)
     AttributeSet="rf2_spinner_settings_centered"
     Caption1="VEHILCE"
    }
    Does anyone have an idea or the knowledge to say what's wrong? :D Thank you in advance!

2. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Just want to inform you that the button ("APP") already worked but somehow has a strange behaviour: I've put the Formula RC mod into DevMode and tried to switch through the single cars of the same category but this didn't work - don't know why. Using my RC-Mod everything works as it's supposed ;)

3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Does anyone have information about which animation/video things are possible with the current build?

I would like to include some background video or image slideshow in my UI but I can't really get videos (AVI, BIK, etc.) working. Would be great having something similar to rFactor1 UI! ;)

4. Miro

Miro Registered

I just figured it is possible to edit the UI gizmo positions and in some cases the size per drag and drop or keyboard arrow combinations!
    Was this allways possible? I am shocked to be honest. IMO all this UI fuzz was completely redundant if this is the case.

I did all the UI editing in the osc file and I have wasted so much time on this. I didn't even know that you can figure the gizmo names and site names by simply clicking on them after pressing CTRL + D. I had to find them by guessing around. :(

Seriously why has never somebody mentioned this if this is the case indeed?
    This is so much better ans faster and frankly editing the UI is simpler then doing HTML code now.
    You just need a concept and a design and off you go.

EDIT:
    I found this out by pressing random keyboard combination in dev mode in hope magic happens.
    Guess my reaction!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

:D

Awesome found!!!

I'm trying to get the timing table in fullscreen mode. But all attempts failed.
    I know who to get it in fullscreen. But the first name was all the way down in the left lower corner. All other names were hidden.

Maybe i should try again in dev mode. :)

6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

That's an amazing find, thank you so much! Why did ISI never tell us that!? :(

Now I hope this will make my work easier and faster...let's see!