Use of Sims in F1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Jul 21, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

2. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

copy paste.. you know you want to .

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

What is the point of posting an article that only subscribers are allowed to view? Are you trying to get people to subscribe to that site for some reason? Clearly simulators are used in all forms of real racing, but without being able to view the article without spending money, how do you intend to make your point? Yes I understand that copying the article is probably a violation of copyright laws, so why even mention the article to those that don't already have an account or who might have expressed interest in that site?

4. C3PO

C3PO Registered

No - I'm trying to encourage you to read an informative, relevant article. I won't breach terms and conditions though. Really no conspiracy. Journalism in the real world costs money...I guess that is why they charge. And no I have no connection whatsoever to Autosport. Time to chill.

5. coops

coops Banned

@ gearjammer

Yes I understand that copying the article is probably a violation of copyright laws

your kidding are you not if you don't edit it bloody should not be anything against that CMON ?

i do it all the time so im gone LOCK ME UP

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Does ISI get a mention? I might subscribe :D

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just be a good friend and post the article lol :)

8. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Thanks C3PO for this link. Nice article. And no, ISI doesn't get any mention. However, there's a simulated 2012 Marussia at Silverstone mentioned :)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Good stuff! Looks like they are also using the same Leo Bodnar SLI-Pro display unit as mine :)

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 15px; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi Tim -- without giving specifics, can you talk more generally about what the take-up / interest has been from professional simulator companies regarding rF2? Are some already using it, if others are waiting what are they waiting for, what sort of features are they looking for and how much of an issue is it for them converting their current content from rF1 to rF2? Is there a law of diminishing returns in that regard for them?

Sorry for so many questions, but it's all interesting stuff.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's been pretty good. rF Pro (based on rF1) not included, it's approaching 50/50 whether I do rF1 or rF2 (main issue being that people want to use rF1 for some mod they found, that isn't in rF2 yet - and we don't control that in any way obviously). A lot of features people look for aren't YET in either product, that's why products like this exist:

With rF1, commercialization was an after thought and it's something we're never going to implement for it (especially with software like that in the video above already out there), rF2 has been developed with it in-mind (though a lot of the features aren't yet done, as the retail side comes first right now).

13. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Very interesting -- the scope for rF2 then sounds much greater than perhaps many of us had imagined. Great stuff.