Updated (Stock Car Ready) Indianapolis Motor Speedway Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Scrumpdillyishus!

2. Emery

Emery Registered

I didn't uninstall, used the launcher, and 2007 is listed, so doing it over is likely your best action.

3. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hehe, I was about to call you Phil :)
    You tend to see this when the amount of garage spots that have been generated is exceeded.
    It looks like you have too many AI and there are not enough spots for them all, in simple terms.

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I see the same. Looks like something is messed up with the garage locations. Maybe new code that is introduced in the new (unreleased) build. I deleted the CBASH file and it seems to work, but when you switch through the AI cars some don't load. Even if you have more than the max 36 cars, the game should create new garage locations in front of the default spots.

5. matf1

matf1 Registered

I was thinking the same. In devmode, 0,0,0 is bang in the middle of the main straight of my test track. If I make one garage spot for me, then add AI, this is exactly what I see.
    It seems they are generated at a location other than 0,0,0 and stacked.
    I've also seen similar when pitch was playing up but it loads fine in that case.

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have checked the AIW and it looks ok, but the third garage location is missing. You can load the track with 17 AI and it works like it should, but when you add another AI it doesn't show up. Looks like the game tries to put the car at third garage location, finds no entry (non existant garage spots should be "GarPos=(2,0.000,0.000,0.000)") in the AIW and the car is lost in space.

Indy 2007 AIW

Indy 2012 AIW

7. GinGin

GinGin Registered

awesome!

8. Justy

Justy Registered

Had a brief test last night with the URD lmp1 prototype. Love the added detail to the track surface, very subtle, yet noticeable differences. I uninstalled and downloaded and installed manually, with no issues (only tested 2007 Go layout). It really sounds like there are some exciting times in the coming days/weeks for rF2.

Thanks ISI, great job. [emoji41]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

9. Tomy

Tomy Registered

Awesome track, it's very nice and well done!!!.

10. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

I am running 246 ( a new clean one) and started with a fresh install of the new indy and got the same thing. I'll have to go back to the old Indy.
    But like I said, the Ovals are fine. maybe I'll just run the ovals. I wish I knew what causes this stuff.

11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

You mean 946, right??? I think you do, but just to be sure ;)

12. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

yes sleepy typing

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Short test with URD T5. Everything fine, i can load all 5 layouts without any Problems, many thanks!

Maybe it help others, how i installed the track:

- uninstalled & removed old Indianapolis
    - removed everything from userdata/log/cbash and userdata/log/shaders
    - installed the v 1.3 Indianapolis

14. stonec

stonec Registered

It probably means you have another Indy somewhere installed. The menu is incredibly picky about versions, say for example a league makes another Indy version, if it has same GDB entry it will conflict with this latest one (even if the version number is different). It's a bad system and I've complained about it for long, rF2 mod packaging was supposed to get rid of dependencies but it hasn't. Every track version should show as unique like they do in mod manager.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  15. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Tosch, Thank you...that was it , if I keep the AI at 17 or lower the road Indy track load just fine....I'm educated !!

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Just for the record, the 2013 and 2014 load fine on my system (that's missing 2007) with more than 17 AI.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I do not have any other Indy track--that I am aware of! It's not my favourite track by a long shot, so would have no interest in another version when we have such a good one here. I may have installed one ages ago prior to the ISI one, but it's long gone.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling in various ways...always the same result. The files are installed for 2007, not surprisingly. But something is "blocking" it, as you suggest. Or at least that's the only explanation consistent with how rF1 and rF2 have worked for the past 10 years.

18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Just a thought: did you delete the old Indy .rfcmp file before you downloaded and installed the new Indy? Perhaps you keep installing the old version instead of the new one?

Here's what I do when a new version of ISI content comes out:

1. Go to my folder called "ISI content" and delete the old file (.rfcmp). <~ I always do that first.

2. Delete the old version from the game itself thru mod manager. <~ still haven't even messed with the new version.

3. Now download the new version and put it in the "ISI content" folder.

4. Now install thru mod manager.

I follow the exact same steps for new 3rd party content as well. I never have a problem.

19. Termite

Termite Registered

ISI AND TEAM, VERY GOOD JOB ON THE TRACK and This is the best news by far SOON TO BE RELEASED GEN6 STOCK CARS YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR OVAL RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I have been adding tracks to ISI titles for many, many years. Unless the old version has a Brickyard layout and is called 1.30, I am installing the correct RFCMP. As mentioned above, the 2007 files are in the installed folder along with the four layouts that show-up. The question is what is preventing it from showing-up along with the others?