UI question?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

I am going nuts now seriously!

Yes, I know there is a subforum for that but it seems like nobody gives a damn about that sub forum.

How the hell can I edit the UI. Fonts, font size, positions, mouce over stuff and all this things?

Please

Cheers

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm hoping for a very basic UI no pics just sort of functional & profesional simulator !

4. Miro

Miro Registered

I've got that but that's just not enough in this case. These are the UImaps files and just some pics changed but i want to change much more.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
  5. JGraf

JGraf Registered

edit the OSC files?

UI.OSC
    located in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI\1.0d "UImaps.mas"

CORE.OSC
    located in C:\Program Files\rFactor2\Core\UIData "Core.mas"

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Thx JGraf!

UI.OSC it is, but this will take for ever as it seems. :( I have seen this file but for some reason I have skiped it, damn it lol.

I am not sure if all the files in the UImaps.mas files are needed. It looks to me like there is stuff which I have never seen bevore in rF2. rF1 logos and more stuff.

BTW it seems like it is going to be a learning by doing therefore I will need to try everything out but I don't want to create everytime a new mod file. Is there a way to do this faste/better?

7. JGraf

JGraf Registered

not sure, but developer mode might allow working outside the mas files.
    fix that non-intuitive tire temps display in the garage while your at it, reading cross temps top to bottom is making me insane. ( :

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I actually think it might not be 100% possible yet. There is a small change done internally where the UI is component-ized (which should make editing and sharing of UI easier), but we have been discussing the UI a lot recently, so it's a bit up in the air right now as to what I can tell you, and what's going to happen...

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Nice!

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Good to hear Tim!
    Well, somehow I am making progress but I still don't know what is possible. I even don't know which programming language this is.
    :eek:
    But please why is this all in one single file.
    It would be much easier if there would be some file structure and not to mention a common design programmer language.
    Just suggestions ;)

Thx again for the response!

11. eyesonly

eyesonly Registered

Tried to edit some things inside the UI.OSC.
    Problem is; I can't test it. Everytime when I recompile the .mas file, the game won't start.
    Problem is even when I don't change anything. Just by recompiling the UImaps.mas file, the game won't start.
    Is there any way to put the updated UI.OSC file somewhere without having to put it inside the mas container?