[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Plugin v2.4.0 available
    - Adding a new mode to display drivers in the Scrolling Banner widget: Instead of a continuous scrolling, you can display drivers using pagination (no scrolling)

Code:
    [Scrolling Banner]

// display.mode 0=scrolling (default), 1=pagination
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]display.mode=1[/COLOR]

// parameters for --> display.mode=0
    // scrolling speed : number of pixel per second
    scrolling.speed=80

// parameters for --> display.mode=1
    // pagination duration: number of millisecond before switching to the next page
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]pagination.duration=5000[/COLOR]
    // pagination.nb.driver : number of driver displayed per page
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]pagination.nb.driver=5[/COLOR]

2. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Yes I am checking UseThreeLetter to 1, and it's not using the actual driver name. Say if I have a driver called John Smith, and I put say ABC as the 3 letter code, it'll still go with SMI as the 3 letter code.

Also I think it would be better if you could colour code by team rather than by category :)

3. hamiltonfan2205

Great to see you are responding to the community's suggestions on what should be implemented.

A question.
    In the real F1 timing, when it times a driver's lap time, it has the timer but doesn't come up with the sector splits until they get close to the timing beam, and then it says whether they are faster or slower, then the split disappears, and it does the same with the end of the lap, only at the end of the lap, it says what position the driver went. Is it possible to do that in the GRTV Plugin?

Also I have three other suggestions, in the tower, at the end of a lap in F1, the three letter codes show as a driver crosses the line, rather than they all show at once. If it's possible would you be able to implement that? Secondly (I'm not sure if this has been implemented already) but when your in game, can you assign keys to enable/disable a widget? If not is it possible to implement that. Thirdly this is another thing to do with the lap counter, but on lap 1, it displays as lap 0, and on lap 2 it displays as lap 1 and so on. I know it does this in rfactor 2, but it did this in rfactor and the people who made the tv plugins were able to make it show it displays the correct lap. Is it possible for you to do this for the GRTVPlugin

4. Gerald Jacobson

My default algorithme with "John Smith" will provide "JSM" as 3 letter code, so if you have "SMI" it mean that it is what you set in the driver mapping file.

I made the test and it works:
    My game name "Gerald Jacobson"
    The driver mapping file
    Code:
    [Gerald JACOBSON]
    number=25
    name=Amphi
    team=Paddock TV
    threeLetterCode=APH

In the scrolling banner, if i set useThreeLetter=0, i see "Amphi" instead of "Gerald Jacobson" (means the mapping works) and if i set useThreeLetter=1, i see "APH", so all works.

5. hamiltonfan2205

Well even if I would put ABC in the 3 letter code for the ini file when I put SMITH in the driver name (I just put the surnames in, like in f1) it'll still have SMI as the 3 letter code

6. Gerald Jacobson

If you have a video showing this, it will be better to see exactly what you want

The CuttingLineWidget do this.

To avoid too many shortcut, broadcasters use the TV Console instead. So i did not implements all what the console do.

Ok, i will see to add a global configuration flag

7. Gerald Jacobson

Please, give me the extract of your ini file and the exact name displayed in the monitor for this driver.

8. hamiltonfan2205

I think it would be better to assign keys as some broadcasters might want to run rf2 in full screen whilst streaming and they may not have another monitor.

9. hamiltonfan2205

I'll pm you all of this when I get the chance

10. hamiltonfan2205

Another suggestion, at the end of the race, there could be a winner widget where it says the winning driver after the race has finished and their race time etc just like in real f1

11. Gerald Jacobson

Plugin v2.5.0 Available

- Allow to add an offset to the lap index. A new parameter "lap.count.start.at" have been added to the WidgetSessionStatus ini file in the "[Session Status.Info]" section
    If you want the last lap is at 10/10 instead of 9/10, use the following setting
    Code:
    [Session Status.Info]
    available=1
    lap.count.start.at=1

- New Winner widget added. This widget is displayed automatically at the end of the session. This widget is based on the Driver Detail widget with 3 additional fields (Time, Distance and max speed)
    View attachment 14165

12. Gerald Jacobson

13. hamiltonfan2205

Yes Gerald!!!! :) You are turning this into a community project by taking everyone's suggestions into account which IMO is what all modders should do!!

I doubt there will ever be any other TV Style plugin for rF2 that beats this Gerald, it is absolutely brilliant!

14. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

I'm totally impressed with your capabilities! It makes me wonder: Might it be possible to combine this with your replay tool? I'd imagine a somewhat automatic creation of a race summary.

15. Gerald Jacobson

Unfortunatly there is no possibility to run plugins in replay. So it is not possible to overlay a Vcr

Happy you like it and thanks, but it is always possible to make better stuff :)

16. Konrad

Konrad Registered

Here a can find an optimized version of the default UI : http://www.paddocktv.fr/?page_id=2265

CAUTION : FOR THE MOMENT ALL WIDGETS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, THEY WILL BE ADDED REGULARLY.

17. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Ah okay, I just hoped it might be possible to do some mojo outside of the replay itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  18. Gerald, any chance we could get a widget that can list the different topspeeds of the cars.
    Could simply be integrated into the tower, like a new "widget" within
    So it could be Times > Pits > Laps > Topspeeds?

19. Matti1291

Matti1291 Registered

Hey guys, I have a strange problem.
    I installed the plugin on a server to make broadcast, but there is a strange issue. Each widget on the screen is covered by a strange light bigger image. On my own PC everything is ok.
    What could I do?

20. Gerald Jacobson

Ok, Will do it.

Sorry, no idea on that.