Turn off ALL menu hotkeys in ModMode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Kev, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Kev

Kev Registered

Yesterday i made AIW for my test track.
    I wasted my work about 5 times with cursor keys. When i move my car to needed position with ctrl+shift+alt and cursor keys, something happens in menus and ALL already made waypoints disappear. Then i spotted that when menu is active (mouse over it) - it controlled by arrow keys and left/right arrows acts like enter.
    Hate such behavior. When i made grid/pits/garage positions in rF1 i always mark last position made by mouse in menu. Now i cannot do that, i need to remember what pos i made last. Futhermore i should remember every time to remove mouse from menu or my work can be messed when i move the car.
    Please ISI make it turnable OFF.
    Or make check in code: if ctrl is pressed - do not identify key as game control. This can be useful with overlapping swingman camera controls [turn car around] (numpad's 4 & 6), camera modes [move car up/down] (PgUp/PgDn), etc..
    Thanks.

Oh, btw, and it crashes when i trying to turn bloom on. I beleave this is known issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  2. superkolos

superkolos Registered

Hi go in dev mode in AIW Editor HUb-> unsupported test options (i meen) -> Turn Off Quick Keys

that should it be :)

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Also make sure to keep the mouse pointer off the menu, if it's over the menu it will trigger hot keys regardless.

4. ethone

ethone Registered

I think that's exactly what he was annoyed with mianiak. If I understood him right he used to put the mouse pointer over the pit/garage spot he just did, then move his car and try to create the next one.

You can resize the mod windows though so you can actually read the "(Done!)" messages.

5. Kev

Kev Registered

Yep, right.

And i did it. :)
    But all positions marked Done, don't know maybe its bug or something...

-----------
    And sorry for my poor english. :)

6. ethone

ethone Registered

If the AIW already has those spots sets it will show "Done". The last one you did should be "Done!!!" if I recall correctly.
    You could also manually delete the spots (except the first ones for each) from the AIW using a text editor so they show up as Not Done.