Trying to move my lifetime license to steam.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by m0rph150, Apr 20, 2017.

1. m0rph150

m0rph150 Registered

Dear all,

I am wondering if there is any way of transferring my lifetime account to steam I have only just found out about the move with the company I did not receive any information about it.

Ray

2. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Welcome in the queue buddy, join in the fun! But behind me please :p Just kidding of course, I'm having the same issue and it seems (understatement) that I am not the only one.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Time window for transfer from standalone to steam-version is over for months. You have to buy again.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

peterchen, this statement is on the shoulders of Studio397, they may have elements to decide otherwise, even if, I agree with you, deadline expired months ago.

Jejking likes this.
  5. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Sorry to say this but I'd rather see a reply from an official than from an outsider, peterchen. As user Lazza pointed out to me yesterday, it would help to send the administrators on this forum a direct message.

That's either @Tim Wheatley , @Marcel Offermans or @Christopher Elliott .

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Well you can try, but when I understood Tim W. correctly they have no facillitys (anymore) to give away steam-keys (as stated in some older thread to the same topic).
    Edit: would be interesting if this still works, so please report!

7. SherlockOhms

SherlockOhms Registered

Bumping. I am a lifetime member and do not have Steam access.

8. Jejking

Jejking Registered

It didn't. Me and others are furious. If you can't provide any service or at least a discount without having to wait 98712 months for another Steam Sale, I think I'm going to have a bloody good look at key sites. Treat me as a valuable customer or you can suck it up and count on a negative impact on your sales, either through feedback or recommendations or the amount of financial input. No way I'm going to pay full price if you're going to leave me outside in the dust AND the community which isn't pleased by how difficult the developers made it to mod it, as compared to rF1.

Guimengo likes this.
  9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Did you actually send an email to support?

Or are you stamping your feet and having a hissy fit because they said they won't give you a key (because you were too late)?

10. Jejking

Jejking Registered

I did, it ended up in a big fat no through Tim. 'These are the choices you have'. That's a direct quote. You can be as polite as you want but to leave your customers in the cold like this, is not going to be very good for your business.

Guimengo likes this.
  11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You missed the window of free transfer... that is a fact. Perhaps you should pay attention so you don't miss out on offers like the free transfer to steam. In life you will miss out on things, now you could blame those that aren't at fault, or you could take responsibility for your own actions. They are not obliged to give you a key. Wonder what that EULA says when you installed the game.

F1Aussie, muz_j, bwana and 1 other person like this.
  12. Louis

Louis Registered

Its just a key (random characters, not a kidney) so he can use what he already payed.

13. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Sim Racer logic in 2017:

I love iRacing it's totally worth $700.

I refuse to pay Studio397 an extra $20 to change to steam because I was dumb and missed the 6 months of warnings in-game, via email, and plastered everywhere you looked on the forums and social media.

Let me guess, you were the guys who emailed Microsoft a day after the free trial of Windows 10 ended, demanding they give it to you for free as you'd missed the warning EVERY TIME you turned your PC on?

F1Aussie, Mangoletsi, muz_j and 4 others like this.
  14. Jejking

Jejking Registered

You're pretty clueless in your way of thinking, aren't you?
    Oh so because Studio 397 is making up its emails in a way that triggers servers to toss it straight in the spamfolder, I assume that is what happened because those e-mail campaigns aren't anywhere to be found, is my problem? That's pretty rich now, isn't it.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

So ISI can employ you then to work for free retrieving keys from their customer DB whenever a new user wants to migrate (and let's keep this service running for the next 10 years in future to be safe from every complaint).

No reason why you can't still drive and enjoy ISI non-Steam rF2, it's stable and final. If you want to move to S397's rF2, that's another matter.

Mangoletsi and bwana like this.
  16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Very sad to read this.
    A lifetime suscriber, who paid around 70€, and was supposed to have online access forever, will not be able to do so, since noone will be hosting using the latest build that he can have access to. Why? He missed a deadline he was not aware of.

A new guy who didn't support rF2 in the beginning, has it working full having paid less than 30€.

I really think some people's attitude is being extremely selfish in this case. I am sure that if they were in the OP's situation they would perceive it as highly unfair.

Guimengo, Jejking and Nibiru like this.
  17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

So by some people's reasoning.... because someone paid less for a product then they are somehow less worthy? Prices change on products ALL THE TIME. Their "worth" is open to interpretation of course.

The deadline for steam keys was plastered all over ISI's website, facebook, twitter, even the launcher as well I think! Yet people still miss it? The saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" comes to mind!

If you buried your head in the sand for a year, not checking news... then you will miss something!

Ernie and muz_j like this.
  18. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Well said.
    I can say that I didn't get an email about a dead line or move to STEAM. Only reason I knew is that I'm an admin of a league and very active with rF2. There are many members of my group that are casual drivers (older guys with families where racing isn't the major priority) that didn't receive an email and have missed the cut off date also.

Guimengo and SPASKIS like this.
  19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

No Woodee. It is not only paying less. It is basically that you are losing everything for what you paid for. Lifetime suscribers were supposed to apply for game updates and online suscription as long as the title was supported. It is not the case because they missed a deadline that you are accepting as fair. IMO there shouldn't have been any time of deadline. It was a move that was not announced when many people purchased the game.

Furthermore, I can also say that when many people that were paying the yearly suscription applied for the transfer to steam, they were offered (without asking) the possibility to go lifetime for an extra amount of money. The difference was quite small so many took this option. Some months later lifetime suscriptions dispappeared and regular suscribers had unlimited online access.

If you think that all these actions are fair, good for you. I think the attitude is really dishonest.

Guimengo, Louis and Jejking like this.
  20. Jejking

Jejking Registered

THANK YOU, this is exactly my point.