Trouble running the game build 1008 (Graphics)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by stobe84, Sep 28, 2015.

1. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

I have a problem where the game doesn't show the track graphics when putting some settings higher. Texture quality is one of them, the track shows as stuttering white lines that blink on and off. Or track doesn't show at all, only skybox.

Processor i5-4570 3.20ghz
    Ram 8 gig
    Win 7
    Radeon HD 5700

I realize that my video card is old but it could ran the game before. I have not been racing after my computer broke down a year ago, but i tested Rfactor 2 after getting new computer and it worked fine.
    Actually the bottleneck in my opinion wasn't video card before this new computer, poor performance was due to low ram and bad processor.
    So I'm guessing it's some new graphical effect that came with the newer builds that my card doesn't support anymore. View attachment 18095

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  2. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Rfactor 1 works perfectly with highest settings on my comp. Is there some program i need to run Rfactor 2, like microsoft frame work or what was it called.
    Also this problem has been with all other builds I have tried every month since I got this machine.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It should have thrown up an error sttraight away if that was the problem. Not sure if this is the problem they were having with tracks with odd sized textures affecting older cards. Does this happen on all tracks and car combinations? Do you have "auto detail fps" turned on?

4. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

I have the demo, since i ran out of time for the full version. In one of the former demoes, I had same problem on all tracks available. Fiddling with settings sometimes helps, Malaysia worked the best If I recall correctly.
    Worked best meaning that I could raise my own vehicle detail higher, with other setting being lowest and it would show the track. Also some special effects could be put on.

Also it crashed randomly while loading circuit back then. Also While loading a track, Sometimes I have to push enter near the end of loading, it gives some error apparently which i don't see, because it's behind the game window.

In the screenshot above i have lowest settings. And It was supposed to be in windowed mode but it's still full screen for some reason. Maybe because of high resolution?

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Might be worth running the apps in there:

C:\Users\<Your name>\Documents\rFactor2\Support\Runtimes

6. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Not a solution to your grafics issue, but: :confused: You can continue to use rF2 offline when your online subscription ended.

7. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

DocJones, thanks, I forgot about that. I thought I couldn't because it didn't work properly. I had many packages installed but nothing showed up in the menus. I have uninstalled and installed many times many different versions and this problem persists (The graphics thing).

No, I don't have auto detail FPS on. Also, I tried what you suggested Woodee and it didn't do anything. Now it randomly crashes during the loading of circuit again, too.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Can you start from a completely fresh install? Even deleting data folders after uninstall?

9. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

I don't have any Rfactor 2 stuff under C:/username/etc.
    I have Rfactor 2 on C:/Games/R factor 2. Also does it matter that I installed core and the other one in the same place, meaning I didn't change destination, I only clicked next.
    Where are all the files I have to delete? Anything hidden or just R factor 2 folder? Because I have done fresh install if there is nothing hidden.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes, could be a problem. Should normally keep em separate. Try a clean install keeping the default locations it gives you and see what happens.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

You only have to keep them separate if you install the core to a restricted location, e.g. "C:\Program Files", otherwise it is OK to have core and data in the same location.

12. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Ok so my installation is not the fault. It is some other technical issue. I have installed the sim successfully in the past tens of times so I don't think that would be an issue.
    I remember NOT putting core and data in same location and that caused problems because some mod assumed they are in same location.

But, any ideas? Nobody else ever had this problem? Could it be CPU throttling (doubt it)?

13. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

If you monitor it you will know. CTRL + C will prompt a Green bar for Graphics and a Purple bar for Physics.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Before saying it won't be the cause.... TRY installing to default locations to see if it rectifies the problem, if not you can cross it off the list. But until you do it, you won't know.

15. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

I have tried it in the past, believe me. Didn't do anything. That was one of the first things I tried, re installing and then installing to default folder. Also installing core and data in different places. But it didn't help. It's a graphics problem. Does anyone have one of the older build demoes that I could try? 1-2 years old demo or build would be ok to test.
    Also I have verified the game in the launcher menu, it says all files are ok.

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Didn't work in the past, BUT HOW ABOUT NOW? If you don't try... you will never eliminate it from being a possible solution.

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Imo picture looks a little bit like a broken gfx-card. Had this in the past:
    Other games ran fine (not all though), and rfactor showed this picture.
    Last DX9 installed? (don´t say it´s there in Windows by default! It´s not complete! YOu have to install it on top afaIk)

18. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Dx diagnostic tool says that I have direct X 11. Can someone throw me a link to latest direct X 9? Is it direct X 9.0c?

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

20. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Ok I updated direct X and became hopeful since it updated many files but to no avail. Didn't help at all. It still says in direct X diagnostic tool that i have DX 11 though, is it possible that i can't go back to 9 if I have 10 or 11?