Transfer to Steam

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jejking, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Hello everybody, I just found out about the Steam news when my client showed me I had an outdated version, as compared to a newer version which was said to be available online. That was on some forum where the number was higher than what I had, although my client kept telling me it was uptodate. That was strange. After that I started digging, only to find out about that the ownership of the game transfered. This was never mentioned anywhere in the client by a pushmessage or anything which would have forced you to look at it, and I never received any e-mail as well about any upcoming change.

Last year I mainly used to start the client, update it, play around for an hour or so each time and then quit, only to now start picking it up more intensively with the new F1 mods coming up. There was no way to find out about it, and now I'm stuck with an obsolete hampered version after a year. That is not what consumers are paying for in the first place. Since my income is rather low, I had to scrape at the bottom of the barrel to find the money for it. I would have picked the Steam version in a heartbeat, therefore I would like to request your help in this matter. If it's necessary, I can prove my account details. Can you contact me for this? Thanks in advance.

Jejking

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

3. Jejking

Jejking Registered

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes there was... Facebook, Twitter, their official website... Take your pick.

Contact support to get your issue looked at: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?conversations/add&to=Christopher+Elliott,Marcel+Offermans

5. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Well to be frank, that is definitely feasible. But what do you think what would happen if your news queue got a bit overloaded? I can perfectly imagine that this message got buried in my FB feed. That's why an e-mail or in-client popup would have been a much MUCH better place, no offense. The official site I never visited again, only downloaded some mods from RaceDepartment etc. I will contact support surely, thanks for your reply Woodee :)

Woodee likes this.
  6. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Just contacted support. Let's hope for a good outcome!

Woodee likes this.
  7. Depco

Depco Registered

I think Tim W. is the only employee who can currently check both ISI and S397 databases. He is the only person who is still employed by both companies. I recall Time saying that there is no way for any other S397 employee to check to see if you purchased a pre-steam copy.

Jejking likes this.
  8. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Wouldn't it make more sense to directly approach him, instead of Christopher and Marcel? Just wondering!

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jejking I think any of those 3 can probably let you know what you can or can't do.

Jejking likes this.
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I pulled that link from the roadmap update as I can't remember where the support page has gone. @Tim Wheatley would be accessible through the forum to.

Jejking likes this.
  11. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Am I too impatient or do I think it's weird that they (2 of them) are browsing the forum but not replying to this / DM?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jejking I think you can only wait. I also suspect you'll have no joy in this issue, and there are reasons for that, but that discussion has been had in here already and it seems no one changes their mind regarding it, which is probably fair enough. Maybe they are formulating a response to use whenever this comes up. Either way I think it's best you wait for them to respond directly to you, because any discussions here will go in circles.

Jejking likes this.
  13. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Surely I'm not enjoying this, I was about to start trying to go online with go-karts but that plan has been ruined. I indeed read that there was a discussion about it, but I hope someone will step up because this is ruining reputations under customers for no reason.