HELP! How to transfer rfactor 2 of steam

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Raniero Stelitano, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Raniero Stelitano

Raniero Stelitano Registered

Hi all, more than a 1 year ago I bought rfactor 2 from the official website, how do I transfer the game on steam? My online license has expired.

Sorry for my english..

2. Louis

Louis Registered

It is not possible anymore. We are no longer under ISI administration btw
    edit:
    i,m sorry iwas wrong. You should contact studio97

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  3. Louis

Louis Registered

*all wrong

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You missed the train.

5. Yurich77777

Yurich77777 Registered

So if I understand correctly, I have to pay for rf2 again in steam to be able to get any new patches? Confirm this, please.

6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

yes

7. Yurich77777

Yurich77777 Registered

Very tricky fraud from studio-397thieves.com. Well-done!Bravo!

8. Flipdo3

Flipdo3 Registered

not really.. i mean they gave everyone it for free if they claimed it for a good amount of time.

9. Yurich77777

Yurich77777 Registered

Posiiton of hamsters like you let them make it their way - to sell a game twice to one customer.As for me I'll never purchase any of further products of this thieves.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

They haven't stolen anything from you. There was a window offering free transfers to steam, lasting over about 3 months or so. That offer period has expired (January this year I think).

Calling them thieves, scammers, fraudsters isn't going to get you a steam key by the way.

11. stonec

stonec Registered

Not really. You paid for ISI non-Steam rFactor 2, which support has ended. You got patches for 4 years, so consider it a final product, which you can still drive. Most AAA titles don't even get patched for one year, so the old rF2 is still perfectly fine to drive.

If you wish to opt for the Studio 397 product on Steam (which should be called rF3, with all new DX11/UI/VR stuff upcoming), then consider it a new product and pay again the marginal price that it now costs after the removal of the online fee.

12. stonec

stonec Registered

It's borderline unclear what counts as a separate product anyway. What I saw with GSCE/AMS was exactly the same as rF2: you got a free period to transition to Steam, after that you pay. IMO it's only a technical difference that GSCE/AMS use different names, it essentially carries over all the content from the old game, just as rF2 did. Lots of other old games have also been "re-released" at Steam and they all require a new purchase.

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It's not an ideal solution for everyone. But reading posts by Tim, the people who missed the date to transfere their license are most likely a tiny minority that you can count on one or two hands compared to a few thousend customers. So in that case I say bad luck/bad timing, or try to get in contact with the support. If I miss a deadline in RL it's pretty much game over for me and I can try to get in contact with responsible people in a polite way - so not as the person who oppened this threat. Frustration is one thing and it's understandable, but if you want something from someone else it's a good start to not call them names. Transfering licenses or games to different platforms (especialy Steam) is a common practice in this industry so all I can say is: inform yourself and look for help if not everything is clear. I for one can't transfere all my BF games to Steam for example, so I have to buy a new copy for those games on Steam even if they are technicaly speaking the same product. And there weren't even transfere periods for any of them. It's not as easy as we think I guess, because otherwise there woulnd't have been a deadline. ;)

14. stonec

stonec Registered

It's ISI's responsibility to provide the keys, which many people fail to understand. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, but ISI has no more responsibility over rF2, so I don't think you can honestly expect them to retrieve keys from their DB indefinitely into the future. I'm even skeptical ISI will ever release a racing game again, they might have well decided to retire from this scene, but that's another matter. They have no obligations towards rF2 anymore as they sold it, so all support they do would be out of free will, and it's not viable for a company to provide free support forever.

Jejking likes this.
  15. Jejking

Jejking Registered

Bullshit analogy = bullshit. ISI worked very hard to deliver a product and apparently 397 bought it. They bought a platform but everybody (ISI+397) failed to notify users by e-mail about the swap. If I were to buy a Nokia smartphone before Microsoft took them over, would I have no warranty when Microsoft and Nokia came to the agreement? I think I most certainly would. You buy something, you buy responsibilities as well. Informing your audience is one of those.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I wonder what the demographics are for those users who have the game but have not yet transferred it to Steam. Outside of more dedicated simracers, it wouldn't be a stretch to argue someone over 40 years of age has very different digital and online behavior vs the younger crowd, as well as less free time. Anyway, it's up to the user and the company to resolve this.

Jejking likes this.
  17. Jejking

Jejking Registered

And don't forget priorities. I have disabled Whatsapp notifications for a couple of years now because I got flooded and couldn't focus anymore. Conversations are nice and informative but there was more than that. This is another example of that.

Edit: in the other thread someone put me on the path of customer support. Let's see what happens.

Guimengo likes this.
  18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Going by the poll that got setup here in his forum, people like me are propably a minority when it comes to the demographic structure of the userbase, wich makes me think that there are certainly enough people at the age of 30+, who have managed their transferes properly. Most topics I have seen, it's simply people getting back to the sim after a longer break - wich is unfortunate but apparently a very small fragment of the userbase and no matter how old you are - it's easy to miss something when you don't follow a certain topic. However, if you approach the support behaving like an adult you proapbly have a higher chance. :)

Jejking likes this.
  19. lagg

lagg Registered

ISI or S397 could have sent an email to their customers, telling them the situation, and the options to transfer or buy a Steam license.
    It would have been an easy and good way to avoid these situations.

m0rph150 and Jejking like this.
  20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Reading that EULA that came with the game you bought is also a good idea before assuming what a company apparently owes you.

It's like turning up at a shop 3 months after black friday and demanding you get the same offer as it was on that day. Is that reasonable?

ADSTA and jayarrbee36 like this.