track_cube.dds

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by iDTDoug, Feb 13, 2012.

1. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

copied the isi track_cube.dds into my maps folder but im getting an illegal tex map size error when trying to export. It is the 1536 x 256 original file. What am I missing here?

2. ethone

ethone Registered

Did you accidently re-save the cube map as a 2d texture instead of cube map?

I'm still using the identical ISI cube map from rF1 days and neither the sim nor the plugins complain.

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I think there's a checkbox in the gtex to tell it that its a cubemap. Sorry, I don't have a computer in front of me so I can't check it out myself atm.

4. ethone

ethone Registered

There isn't one as far as I can see. If you set the shader to one which includes a cube map stage, it's set automatically.
    Doug, perhaps you accidentally tried to assign a cube map to a regular texture stage (for which 1536 would be an illegal size)?

5. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

so for stage 7 of the realroad material, what texture are you using? I just assumed it was that since its the only cube map I saw in the mod files.

6. toebee

toebee Registered

You can use any texture for stage 7. It gets replaced with the REFLECTEDENV. Just make sure to check "live mapper".

7. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

ah, that explains it then, thanks.

8. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Yeah, I guess that was just what I was thinking of. Like I said, I didn't have 3dsmax in front of me to double-check. Sorry for the misinformation.