Track Problems

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by JoeStornetta, Jan 14, 2012.

1. JoeStornetta

JoeStornetta Registered

I have been making a fantasy track for a couple of days, but I keep getting hung up on importing the track in game. I only have the infield and track surface in game, with the correct textures applied. I have 2 problems:

1) when only having the 2 textures in the maps file, I get errors when trying to open the track, all for missing .dds files, which aren't even in my model. all the missing .dds files are all files from the Joesville Track. I copy and pasted all of the textures from the Joesville maps file into my maps file, and now it works fine, even though I still only have the 2 gmt's in my gmts file

2) when going in game after the .dds problem, the infield is fine to drive on, but once i get on the track, it's like skating on ice... and it doesn't stop. I checked to see if the texture name was in the .tdf file about a billion times, and it is...

any help would be appreciated

2. ethone

ethone Registered

Are you sure there's only your own two gmts in the scn file of your track? Or do you have some polys you forgot about that still have the Joesville material IDs referenced in your two gmts?
    Another wild guess: Do you have Joesville gmts referenced in one of the reflection mappers?

For the ice-skating - the material's name needs to be in the .tdf, which can be different from the texture's filename. As a stop-gap measure, try to give it a default material name and work from there.

3. JoeStornetta

JoeStornetta Registered

there is no more Joesville GMTs in the GMT file nor in the Scene file. i cleared it out

and about the material name thanks!