Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Where is this comment from Adrianstealth?

But why should they building a demoversion without getting the content to us for testing before? That would be very risky.

2. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Either we get these builds first prior to RF2 going gold or as I interpret this beta which was more a modders beta, we arent really beta testers in the sense of the actual game play but it is intended to get an idea of how modders find RF2 prior to release. This would be why there is an internal Beta testing team and us early customers which is more what we are if we arent really modders just get to try out earlier builds, sure user feedback is still listened to but the internal testers are the ones doing the real beta testing of the sim.

3. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Has Tim/another ISI staff stated there will be a demo version? Doesn't the 30-day free test kind of cover the need for a demo?

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I remember when I got my 1st G25 wheel and included was an rfactor1 dvd (demo)
    What with Assetto Corsa possibly being available on the Steam platform, and also sponsored by Fanatec, pCars being released on everything including Wii (Sim on a Wii LMAO) makes me wonder exactly how ISI are going to market a Demo or even Gold version, It just doesn't seem to be "out there" as much as other titles, even though its a class act the others are trying to follow ;)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Because of posts like that one. :)

But also because of posts like most others.

6. 88mphTim

Huh? You aren't our internal testers...

7. 88mphTim

Not for people who want a demo. Refunds cause us work, a demo allows us to take away the need for people to really have a refund, so should cut that work out for us, although they'll still have it available as an option (but I hope is rarely used).

8. 88mphTim

rF1 wasn't "out there" until ISI put it out there. Patience...

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Demo version would probably have content that we already have, so probably no need to test that stuff that already works. One or two tracks + one or two cars should be enough for demo.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

A demo version is a good idea
    It may attract more users

Hopefully it's nicely optimised (no doubt the dev's have done their best), & our update will perhaps include some of those optimisations

Hopefully the release of a demo shows that we're getting closer to a full release too, could be that the next few builds are good ones & perhaps some of the last

This demo maybe includes some older content that's been updated which is for us too (a total guess would be maybe 1 or 2 if the historic's )

If new content gets passed then it'll be the Marussia MR01 (2012 f1 car) & if there is a new track (but less lightly )then at a guess silverstone

A bit of guess work from me, but hopefully later will know
    (Subject to internal testing being happy to release)

11. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Marussia, where are you? :D

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Usually all builds and new content is released on Friday or then at the beginning of the week. But Tim said "...working hard to get some content out this week" so maybe we still have hope to get something this weekend. Fortunately, I do not have time to follow forum posts much this weekend so time will go by fast :)

13. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I have good hope. This would be an awsome time to release content due to F1 going on. Makes me more excited to race :D

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Arh well, maybe there were problems, that's what the testing is for i guess, hopefully it will passed maybe for next week, good of ISI to keep us updated as to what is going on etc

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

"MR01 won't come today. But we're working late, hopefully tomorrow." 14 hours ago on facebook.

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Just have some patience, I'm guessing we will have either news, or the update by Monday :)

17. Jize

Jize Registered

so today (saturday) would be the "tomorrow"? as the "today" meant friday...?

18. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I guess so, think its best to assume there maybe nothing & it's a bonus if something, I'm hoping/looking forward to next few builds will have updates to older content etc anything in between is a bonus

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  20. Jize

Jize Registered

i really hope we get the optical tyre wear back :) - and yes, would be nice today, but also cool with me if it's sunday or monday. better wait and make it right before rushing things and have unnecessary bugs.